• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Yankees DEMAND Forfeit!

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Its not just good enough for the Yankees to go out and buy up every good player that money could buy, now thay are demanding that the Commissioner's office give them a forfeit win over the Tanpa Bay Devil Ray's because they didn'y show up on time to start a double header monday morning!

First off the team was with there families riding out Hurricane Frances!
Secondly, The nearest airports to them were closed due to the hurricane!
thirdly, roads leading to open airports WERE CLOSED due to flooding or erosion!

The team ended up on a plane around 3pm est, and played only one game of the double header

How can a team be heartless like that, I know thats probably not the position of the players, but when you get comments like
"They had plenty of time to get out of Flordia friday or early saturday"
"The rules state that if one team is ready to play and the other isn't, a forfeit should be awarded"

It was a natural disaster!

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I have to agree. If it had been raining in NY and they were unable to play the second game because of Mother Nature, they would not be complaining. A natural disaster was involved, and I hope they do not give them a forfeit. The only reason they want a forfeit is because of rankings. The more game you win the better your ranking. If they get a forfeit then they have an extra win, without doing anything for it.

If the team had not shown up at all, that would be a forfeit, but if the team makes an effort to show up even with a hurricane going on. That is NOT a forfeit. That is running out of time. Why not schedule another time to play the second game?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Because double-headers are the result of a postponed game.

I see the point of it being in the rules that they should forefit. I belive the rules go for any circumstance, but the commissioner is the final word.

Does anyone else find it stupid that the commissioner is also the owner of a team? I do belive that's conflict of intrest.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
actually, his kids own the team! he had to sell his share of the team because it would be a conflict of interest, but that still hasnt helped the Brewers any.

Pianobone

Registered Member
That's cause the Brewers have sucked for a long time.

That aside, the Yanks are just mad because they got white-washed by Cleveland 22-0 a couple weeks ago. Worst loss in franchise history. Joe Torre and George Steinbrenner are just trying to get some wins for their hand picked "all-star" team- a team which apparently couldn't beat the Indians. :lol:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
They may have the best players, but they have no chemistry.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
just like the yanks of the 80's and early 90's, though they are winning more games than those teams