Yankee Stadium to host '08 All-Stars

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The "House that Ruth Built" will be the house that the All-Stars close.

Capping a final emotional year at the current Yankee Stadium in 2008, Major League Baseball is set to announce that the annual Midsummer Classic will be hosted by the Yankees and played at the old yard that July, a baseball source told MLB.com on Wednesday. The media conference announcing the official awarding of the game is planned for Jan. 31 at New York's City Hall and will be attended by Commissioner Bud Selig and Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the source said, confirming an ESPN report.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/...t_id=1785257&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

2. TBT

TBT Guest

:sad: It was bound to happen. I hope that they at least don't turn it into a parking lot or something.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

When I heard the news that the Yankees where changing stadiums, I was pretty angry, because it's one of the best stadiums in the game, so many great Yankee players played there, and I don't see anything wrong with it. If Fenway park is still open and going strong why should the Yankee Stadium shut down.

But none the less it should be a great All Star game.

4. TBT

TBT Guest

I remember someone saying that Yankee stadium had structural issues that couldn't be fully repaired. Not the same case with Fenway.