• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Yahoo to rebrand

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Yahoo will be rebranding into Altaba, it appears?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...h-its-new-name-altaba/?utm_term=.398effd25a9e

From the article:

Yahoo was already a shell of its former self. Now part of the company is getting an obscure new name: Altaba.

When Verizon agreed to buy the company for $4.8 billion in July, it planned to purchase just Yahoo's core Internet businesses, which include its email service, sports verticals and various apps. What's left of the embattled technology company would essentially be its ownership in the very valuable Chinese Internet giant Alibaba.

When the deal closes, the remaining part will change its name to Altaba, the company announced in security filings on Monday. The sale is expected to be completed by late March, Yahoo said.

The new name is meant to be a combination of the words “alternative and Alibaba,” according to a person familiar with the company’s thinking, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the individual was not authorized to speak on the record about the name change.
I guess it's really time for me to move forward with a gmail account, isn't it? o_O

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What, you don't wanna be [email protected]? Haha!

This is an odd move in my opinion, but it follows in the footsteps of other irrelevant internet companies who have rebranded in an effort to appear to be more fresh.

Altaba is an odd choice for a name. Personally I think yahoo is better, but it also makes millennials think of old people.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like Yahoo better but its their company so I really don't care what they call it. I don't use their email account or gmail.