Yahoo! Publisher Network Beta to Close April 30, 2010

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's an email I just got from Yahoo. Apparently the YPN is closing down for good after an extensive several year beta test.

Dear Publisher,

Yahoo! continuously evaluates and prioritizes our products and services, in alignment with business goals and our continued commitment to deliver the best consumer and advertiser experiences. After conducting an extensive review of the Yahoo! Publisher Network beta program, we have decided to close the program effective April 30, 2010. We expect to deliver final publisher payments for the month ending April 30, 2010 to publishers no later than May 31, 2010. All publishers eligible for 1099s for the 2010 tax year will have those mailed by January 31, 2011.

Because our content will no longer be delivered to your ad unit spaces after April 30, 2010, we recommend removing all YPN ad code from your pages by that date.

For the opportunity to continue earning revenue, we suggest using Chitika, a leading advertising network that syndicates Yahoo! Content Match and Sponsored Search ads. Chitika has set up a special process for YPNO beta publishers to participate in its platform. Click here for more information.

We thank you for your participation in the Yahoo! Publisher Network beta. If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please contact our Support Team at (866) 785-2636, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PDT.
Sincerely,

Your Partners at Yahoo!
Was anybody still using them anyway?

yourwebcrafter

Registered Member
That is still around? I had such a nightmare experience with those people a while back...a year or two, don't remember exactly how long...any way I started it, got triple billed on my first billing cycle, got that fixed, then got double billed my next billing cycle, fixed that and closed it, was promised I was out of the system and then got billed again for services not even rendered....not one of Yahoo's better endeavors to be sure :sigh: