• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Yahoo Finance Streaming Quotes

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Has anybody else noticed that Yahoo Finance has gone to a realtime stock model? Their pages update with AJAX in real-time:

YHOO: Summary for YAHOO INC - Yahoo! Finance (For example)

Watch the page for a bit. It doesn't seem as current or fast as my TD Ameritrade tools, but it's still fairly close, and definitely fine for just checking the latest bid and prices. Also, they have new Flash based stock graphs:

Yahoo! Finance Charts

Pretty nice if you ask me. They've come a long way in the past few months. (And they were already one of the best before that!)

:)

Albey

Registered Member
We can no longer offer real-time ECN data due to pricing changes by the exchanges. For real-time quotes (including real-time pre/post market data), sign up for a free trial of Real-time Quotes

Direct from that link.

Looks like they took it off?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What? I don't see that anywhere, and I just checked both links and both are working still. The first one is the one that had the live updates with AJAX.