Xbox 360 XGC Discussion: FPS or TPS?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Chaos, Feb 28, 2009.

?

FPS or TPS?

1. FPS

100.0%
  2. TPS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

So, for the first XGC Discussion, the topic is:

First Person Shooters or Third Person Shooters?

Use examples of games and give your opinions about which you prefer.

Personally, I love FPS', but I have played TP shooters which were really good. For example, Splinter Cell and Gear's of War.

I do think FPS' are better though, generally.

2. Midget

Midget Registered Member

As long as the gameplay and controls are there, it is fine with me. I played the Red Faction demo and that game was horrible. I love Splinter Cell and Gears of War, and I love Halo 3 and Call of Duty. But I hated Red Faction and Fuels of War. Both of those were epic fails on both platforms.

So to me, as long as the gameplay is there, I am happy. :)

3. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I like games that you can do both, like Fallout 3. I know it's not a shooter, but still.

Usually first person, though.

4. LiFelesS

LiFelesS New Member

Ever since i played gears of war, and gears 2, i have loved the third person shooter, you can do much more and seeing your character and such just adds to gameplay experience, but some games like vegas 2 where its both isnt bad, its just a bit harder and you have to get used to it.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I never liked TPS's to be honest. I've always preferred FPS's because the immersion is just so much higher. It's designed to feel like you're in the game, not just playing some random character. Doom, Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, Fallout 3, Halo, the list goes on.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

It depends. The majority of the time I prefer first person for the immersion factor like Cons said. I think the third person view works well for some games though, like Gears of War since it relies so heavily on the cover system.