• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

XFL Anyone?

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Who here has watched some XFL games on TV lately like I have? Who likes the XFL as much as I do so far?

I think it's great to be able to watch football this time of year now that the Super Bowl is over with for this season.

And it's good quality football, I believe. Lots of XFL players have made excellent plays during games. Also, the fans who attend their favorite XFL team's games are rather passionate about rooting for their teams during the games.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I’ve been watching since the beginning and root for Houston. I love it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
What damn shame it was that this league had to stall like everything else. Unity and I were at the St Louis BattleHawks home opener and it was more fun than any Rams I had ever been too. We were gonna have 45,000 people in the dome before the game cancelled...so annoying.

I like the league though and 100% in on it. I can't wait until next year despite the fact we lost our starting QB to the Chiefs.

Reactions: Doc

Konshentz

Konshentz
I had a lot of fun with the XFL this year. I liked picking a new team, learning the new rules, finding new players to root for. My choice in teams definitely blew up in my face, though. Haha. I think the actual football was a HUGE improvement over the original XFL. A lot of fun ideas and great moments. I'll definitely be back next season.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
DC Defenders all the way!!

I wasn't excited for the XFL but I gave it a shot and was super happy with the on-field product. The access given to sideline reporters, the ability to discuss betting, and the pace of play rules really stand out to me as huge positives. Hearing the person in the booth make decisions on penalties and reviews is unprecedented access. I'm willing to say that the amount of access we get as fans of the XFL is above and beyond what comes from the NFL's product.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Man, I was realllly hoping we would get more XFL. F the Cornoa.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am hoping that maybe it'll be possible to come back in 2022. I think the XFL knew it wasnt in the cards. With rumors that college football or even the NFL could bleed into their season next year, it wasnt prudent to keep it going. Maybe once the dust settles, they can try it again.

But for now, this blows. Glad I got to go to one game and I have that BattleHawks shirt as a keepsake.

They did say there are a few people still employed so maybe it's not 100% dead...but its sure seeming that way

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I was afraid that the coronavirus pandemic could put an end to the XFL permanently. It looks like I was right, unfortunately.

I guess 2020 was about the worst year to try to bring back the XFL thanks to the virus.