• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox went kaput

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Either way Steve, there should be nothing involving a sales receipt. The rep has to be screwing with you or trying to get out of fixing the system. It's their flaw meaning they cover everything. I've had two systems poop out on me and Nosferatu had his crap out too and all three times the systems were fixed (in or out of warranty) for free.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I haven't even called yet, I just assumed they needed a receipt. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Oh alright then yeah don't worry. They check your S/N and decide whether or not to cover you. However, Xbox's in a certain range were most vulnerable to this problem so even out of warranty, chances are you'll pay nothing.