• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox went kaput

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Steve sad :(

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm sad for you. And it worries me more that it's going to happen to mine eventually. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get a new one and that would be the end of my Xboxing days.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I'm sad for you. And it worries me more that it's going to happen to mine eventually. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get a new one and that would be the end of my Xboxing days.
If it RRODs, you can get a replacement from MS.

It's what I did.

Starfire86

Registered Member
We've had like...4 xboxes in the past 2 years. We actually have two right now, but one is fried and we have to send it out.

Doc

V.I.P.
Not if it's older than three years and/or you don't have a receipt.

I won't have another xbox for a long time.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Not if it's older than three years and/or you don't have a receipt.

I won't have another xbox for a long time.
Strange. I simply contacted MS Support, told them it RRODed, and they e-mailed me a shipping label. Think my system was older than 3 years as well...hold on, let me check.
------
Ah, it wasn't older than three years. But I don't recall how I proved that I owned it, though, as I didn't give them any receipt.

Last edited:

Doc

V.I.P.
That is weird. They required a receipt when I had to send my old xbox in.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I've never had a problem with mine, other than freezing. But usually that's when I've holed myself in my room all day and had it running most of the day/night.

I've had two, the Pro and now the 250gb slim that works just fine.