Xbox Brand Xbox question

G

Godfather

Hey, I just want to know the differnce between standard cable and component cable on my tv. How do I know whether I have a standard or component? I have three cords at the back, yellow, white, and red.

H

HitBattousai

Usually it'll say Component Video on the back of your TV, and the colors on the wires/plug-in points will generally be Green, Blue, and Red. Plus the wires are more heavy duty. It sounds like you have standard RCA video, which is generally Yellow, Red, and White as you describe.

G

Godfather

Ok, thanks. Do you have an Xbox? If you do, which version do you have? Since if i'm going for the xbox, i have to settle for standard cable graphic. I just want to know how big is the difference of the graphics between the two cables types. Is it like Heaven and earth? Or pretty close?

Another question, if anyone bothers to answer. I know the ps2 has alot more games on it's system than the xbox and nintendo combined. So is it going to be the same with the next gen.

And just one more. Are the games really going to cast $70 big ones for the ps3??

H

HitBattousai

Godfather said:
Ok, thanks. Do you have an Xbox? If you do, which version do you have? Since if i'm going for the xbox, i have to settle for standard cable graphic. I just want to know how big is the difference of the graphics between the two cables types. Is it like Heaven and earth? Or pretty close?
I have an old refurbished Xbox(essentially the first version), though I hacked it for emulation/video/playing backup games purposes. The difference is big between standard and component(the graphics are a lot clearer, colors are better, and everything looks very crisp), but it sounds like you have an older TV so it's a moot point, as Blur indicated it won't have component capability, so if you want that you'll have to get a new HD capable TV.

Godfather said:
Another question, if anyone bothers to answer. I know the ps2 has alot more games on it's system than the xbox and nintendo combined. So is it going to be the same with the next gen.
Probably not. Part of that was because the PS2 was out essentially two years before the original Xbox came out(and more for the Gamecube), and had an established fan base from the PS1 and game franchises to build on. The PS3 will probably have the most games eventually, but it'll be close between it and the Xbox360 for certain, and possibly the Nintendo Wii as well, though the jury's still out on whether Nintendo can recover or not.

Godfather said:
And just one more. Are the games really going to cast $70 big ones for the ps3??
Initially, probably so(and they've left open the possibility that the price could reach $100), though I expect after learning this is a horrible mistake the PS3 will drop the price of their games quickly back to the more standard 40-60$ range. The reason the PS3 ppl give is they use the new Blu-Ray disks/technology, which are more expensive to produce. There's more on it here: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151823