XBOX Original XBox Problems

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Julie, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Julie

Julie Registered Member

I just recently acquired an original XBox & I'm having problems with it:

The game loads (but it takes fooorrreeevvveeerrr, unless it's supposed to take that long?) and once it loads, the game starts & then all of a sudden...*POOF*...the game just freezes. Whatever moment it's in in the game is what freezes across the screen.

Has anyone experienced this with one of these systems or have any idea how to fix it?

2. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

is your system new or used?

if it's used, get a cd lens cleaner and give that a go.

what game are you playing? [ games like X-Men Legends 1 & 2 tend to freeze out of no where ]

what condition is the game in?

and have you tried other games and get the same result?

3. Julie

Julie Registered Member

It's a used system. It was out of a storage unit we purchased, so I think it was probably dirty.

I don't have a CD lens cleaning kit, so will have to pick one up.

The game I have for it is some NFL game & it's in good condition, so I don't think that was the problem.

Unfortunately, no, I don't have any other games to test in it.

Thanks for the tips tho!

4. GlodenBob788

GlodenBob788 Registered Member

My X-box does that I kicked it and it works now, but it is slowley dying becuase of how long i have had it, I got it the day it came out at the EB games in the mall.

5. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Geez...you take a sledge hammer to your GameCube & you kick your XBox? Wow...I don't think I'd want to come back in my next life as a video game system in your house! :-o :lol:

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'd suggest NOT kicking your Xbox. Since you only have one game it's hard to tell if it's the Xbox or the game that's causing the problem. Try borrowing another game from a friend or something.

I had problems with my Xbox a few years ago. Games would freeze and make weird noises, then I started getting dirty disc errors. And then a couple weeks later the Xbox couldn't read the games at all and the green circle on the Xbox turned orange. I had to send it in to get it repaired and since it wasn't under warranty I had to pay like $80. I think they had to replace the DVD drive. It took like two months to get my Xbox back, and the hard drive was erased. Very annoying, but I haven't had any problems with it since then.

7. GlodenBob788

GlodenBob788 Registered Member

I have 23 games for my X-Box, the thing is, I lighty kicked it not like I punnted it out my bedroom window!:lol: I have another X-Box waiting just incase this one dies on me, The thing is barelly even playing un-scratched games

8. Julie

Julie Registered Member

$80.00 spent to have it fixed? Sheesh, I think I might have just looked on eBay or something for another one.

9. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

See Echoes? Now that's a true "hicker"! :lol: