• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

XBOX ONE Xbox One in trouble?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I haven't bought a next gen console just yet and I have also not bought a copy of Edge magazine in some time. I know very little as to how well the PS4 & XB1 are doing fending off one another but I did find seeing this on my Facebook feed this morning a little surprising:

Can Microsoft turn things around for Xbox One? We speak to the execs in charge to find out

We talk to leaders at Microsoft to discover how the company intends to turn its console division around in the new issue of Edge magazine, published on Thursday April 10. You can subscribe now in print, on iPad, Google Play and Zinio.

There’s insight from top Microsoft executives Phil Spencer and Phil Harrison plus former Microsoft employee Peter Molyneux and key partner Tim Sweeney, founder of Epic Games, as we find out how the platform holder plans to put Xbox back in the number one spot after a troubled launch.

Read more: Edge.com
As I say, I may not have been following this as closely as I would as I do not intend to get a Xbox One but it just seems a little premature to almost be writing it off given that it is less than a year old. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I hate how people assume a new console isn't doing well just because it's not in first place. Look at 7th gen. The Wii sold 100 million units and the 360 and PS3 sold 80 million apiece, does this mean they didn't do as well?

Does this mean that Ford isn't doing well because Toyota has literally double their sales figures? Of course not.

Sometimes I just feel like people that are really into the gaming industry just do not get it. They're so concerned with the actual gaming side of things that they don't even pay attention to the business side of things. There's this assumption that if you aren't in first place then you suck.

I guess as far as a lot of people are concerned I don't have a next gen console because the Wii U "isn't next gen"

Konshentz

Konshentz
PS4 is definitely doing better in the sales department, but the Xbox One is in no danger. They'll do just fine for the next decade or so. This seems like a shitty magazine attempting to lure people in with terrible stories.

I guess as far as a lot of people are concerned I don't have a next gen console because the Wii U "isn't next gen"
Self burn... nice. Those are rare. :lol:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
PS4 is definitely doing better in the sales department, but the Xbox One is in no danger. They'll do just fine for the next decade or so. This seems like a shitty magazine attempting to lure people in with terrible stories.
And that is the real shame of this. This was a magazine that for a long time was held in very high regard of being very critical but also being very honest when it comes to what it says. Seeing this makes me happy I don't buy it any-more.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This seems like a shitty magazine attempting to lure people in with terrible stories.
This. It seems to be the media's best strategy to attract attention from readers and viewers these days. It's like when the Yankees lose on opening day and everything on ESPN is "Is the Yankees' season in trouble?" or the Miami Heat go on a 10-game winning streak and they're asking "Are the Heat the best team ever?"

I think we need to give things more time. Before the Xbox One launch I got the impression that it was going to be a colossal failure based on all of the gamer opinions I was reading on the internet. It seemed like 80-90% of gamers were leaning towards PS4. I don't know what the sales numbers are at now, but I know it's not nearly that lopsided.