Xbox Live Price Increase

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Doc, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

They're raising the yearly price of Live to $60. Greedy bastards.

Microsoft Raising Xbox Live Price - G4tv.com

2. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

Thaaaaat sucks.

I can't see a good justification, they haven't changed the methods of delivery of the service, and it's not like they're having a problem with quantity of subscribers.

3. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Time to jump boat and buy a PS3!
    Lol.

No seriously, Cons had the right idea buying a PS3. I wouldn't pay for that......

4. Doc

They're adding ESPN, Facebook, and Twitter support to Live. I guess that's part of the increase.

5. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

Facebook and Twitter are already accessible through XBox Live... Or are they changing the format?

6. Doc

I must have misread the article. My bad.

7. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

That really sucks, but if ESPN 3 is good and free, I wouldn't mind paying the extra 10 bucks a year, but if you have to pay something extra for ESPN 3 (which you probably will) Xbox can go straight to hell. They make so much money now in there damn marketplace that they shouldn't have to raise the price at all, they should at least keep the price the same or lower the price. No wonder Microsoft has a bad reputation.

8. SithZombree

SithZombree Registered Member

If anything they should take some content out. Music Videos? Fuck music videos. Independant games? Fuck those too. I just want the ability to download DLC (map packs, patches, expansions, etc.). Every thing else I can get for free on my computer :D That should bust the price down several dollars without all the useless content and features.

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Meh, i figured it was coming. they have added a lot, like facebook, zune, twitter, and the like.

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'll stick to my PS3 . . . where all of those things are free. All bashing aside, they have no reason to increase the prices. This is how Xbox users get fucked, Microsoft likes to plug that cash hole like no tomorrow.