Xbox Live Price Increase

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
They're raising the yearly price of Live to $60. Greedy bastards.

Microsoft Raising Xbox Live Price - G4tv.com

As of November 1, users of Xbox Live Gold will be paying more for the online service. The price of Gold in the U.S. is going from $7.99 a month to $9.99 a month. Three-month buys will go from $19.99 to $24.99, and if you buy your Xbox Live by the year, you'll be paying $59.99 instead of $49.99 annually.

"Since launching Xbox Live in 2002 we have continually added more content and entertainment experiences for our members, while keeping the price the same. We’re confident that when the new pricing takes effect, an Xbox Live Gold membership will continue to offer the best value in the industry," Posts Major Nelson on Xbox Live's official blog, before reminding you to re-up your subscription now, to avoid the new, higher rates.

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
Thaaaaat sucks.

I can't see a good justification, they haven't changed the methods of delivery of the service, and it's not like they're having a problem with quantity of subscribers.

Doc

V.I.P.
They're adding ESPN, Facebook, and Twitter support to Live. I guess that's part of the increase.

Doc

V.I.P.
I must have misread the article. My bad.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
That really sucks, but if ESPN 3 is good and free, I wouldn't mind paying the extra 10 bucks a year, but if you have to pay something extra for ESPN 3 (which you probably will) Xbox can go straight to hell. They make so much money now in there damn marketplace that they shouldn't have to raise the price at all, they should at least keep the price the same or lower the price. No wonder Microsoft has a bad reputation.

SithZombree

Registered Member
If anything they should take some content out. Music Videos? Fuck music videos. Independant games? Fuck those too. I just want the ability to download DLC (map packs, patches, expansions, etc.). Every thing else I can get for free on my computer :D That should bust the price down several dollars without all the useless content and features.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'll stick to my PS3 . . . where all of those things are free. All bashing aside, they have no reason to increase the prices. This is how Xbox users get fucked, Microsoft likes to plug that cash hole like no tomorrow.