Xbox 360 XBOX 360 Will Remain Scarce

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by yooperchick, Dec 12, 2005.

1. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

Here's an article from Yahoo today about how 360s will remain scarce:

Yahoo Story

Make sure you read to the bottom. I guess the CEO of Microsoft is crap outta luck for getting his son's a 360 for Christmas. He hasn't been able to buy one and he can't get one for free. I found that tidbit interesting.

2. BSU_TMAC

BSU_TMAC New Member

Why has is never been like this before? USUALLY, when a new console launches, it's hard to find, but AT LEAST you can find it.. within some distance of where you live, why is the 360 so friggin unbeilavably hard to find, it's crazy.. guess peeps just gon have to wait it out.. for awhile..

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Is the demand really that high? Or did Microsoft just not make nearly enough 360s? Didn't this happen with Nintendo 64? I remember everything for N64 being impossible to find for the first several months it was out. Couldn't find first-party controllers or anything.

4. BSU_TMAC

BSU_TMAC New Member

yeah the N64 WASSS hard to find but at least you could FIND the thing.. with a little shopping around.. and a litlle drive here and there... you could FIND one.. not the case with the 360... you could drive through 3 states.. and not find one of those things man... dont know y this is though... ~shrugs~

5. ltk9492

ltk9492 Registered Member

i don't think that microsoft made enough, it reallty is impossible to find one. i don't know why they did this, they should make more or something. lol

6. Thermal

Thermal Registered Member

The problem is with the number of chips. Concidentally, Apple had the same problem a while back with IBM (maker of the PowerPC and the XBOX 360 processor).

7. Major

8. LaRazaUnida

LaRazaUnida Registered Member

I remember getting one for xmas...I dont know how my parents did it because we all procrastinate...but they did it:D

As for the 360 shortage, I know of this one site that is practically giving one away for free:cute:

9. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

I don't know about you, but after the other stores have been saying they will not get a shipment in until January or later, I don't think you'd catch me camping out at Best Buy. It is probably gonna be a MADHOUSE. Plus, the closest Best Buy for me is 6 hours away. :(

10. Major

Are you serious? :shocked: Wow. There's at least three Best Buys within 15-20 minutes from here. I see them all over the place. But yeah, probably not worth a 6 hour drive just to camp out in the cold all night and MAYBE get one the next morning.