Xbox Brand Xbox 360 Slim Problem

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SithZombree, Sep 7, 2010.

1. SithZombree

SithZombree Registered Member

I have the new Slim and after a few times playing it, it has quit powering up fully. The lights come on, the fan spins (but very slowly), but no picture shows up. It seems like its getting power but not enough.

Does any one have any ideas?

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I have been hearing about some overheating issues on the new model. Is it hot at all, or is this at cold start up?

Have you checked the obvious, like any loose cables from the tv to the console?

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

i have it as well and have had no issues aside from a bad mic.

i suggest what pam has said, if not return it or send it to microsoft

4. SithZombree

Yeah ive checked the connections. Now that you mention it, I noticed that the console got unusually hot. It does this on cold start. I can't even get the machine to actually process the OS. But it gets lights on the console AND power brick.

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Oh yuck. My guess would be that maybe it overheated to the point where it is now no longer working. You'll probably have to send it in to Microsoft.
    ------
    I would also like to add that I am in no way an authority subject on this matter. I did a little more googling and discovered that the supposed overheating issues were not confirmed by anyone.

I have heard that if the new slim doesn't have enough ventilation that it will cause lines to go across the screen...but not what you are describing. It's probably too new to find any problems like what you are describing by googling...so I'm unable to help you with my awesome googling skills. :p

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd just call Xbox. They have solid customer service. If you can't figure it out, they're the best choice.

7. SithZombree

Thanks for the google attempt :D
    ------
    I'd love to do that but unfortunately I am in Afghanistan, so sending it back would be pointless. I will have to wait 'til i get home.l

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I didn't say send it back, I said call them. At least you'd get a diagnosis.

9. SithZombree

Ahh yeah, good point. Sorry, misread it.

10. danike94

danike94 Registered Member

Hmm... sorry, i wish i could help, but i think maybe you've just got a faulty one. A warranty should fix that up :)

I've had no trouble with mine. sorry i couldn't be much help, just thought i'd throw that out there.