• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 XBOX 360 Recall

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just heard from a friend who was watching the news. He said he saw a story saying Microsoft is recalling the XBOX 360. I haven't confirmed this for myself yet though. Has anyone else heard anything?

Here's an interesting article about the idiot's class action lawsuit:

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=174901240

ltk9492

Registered Member
wow im gonna look at this more. i knew about the power cord, i got A new one. So maybe , i dont know. Just another reason to wait before getting a new system at launch. Im not critizing microsoft, but i do think that maybe if they realeased it even today, it might have had more bugs worked out. Who knows?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!:lol:
That's way too funny...
That's why you never buy the system on it's first launch date.:nod: You wait for the 2nd or 3rd wave..

My question is to all those who bought theirs off ebay..Feel stupid yet?
You should...Next time wait and buy it cheaper from the retailers...:nod:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, if Microsoft issues a recall, people can send them directly to Microsoft for a replacement, so not all is lost. :)

I haven't hear the official word yet. At least they are not going to just release XBOX 360 Upgrades that restore your XBOX 360 to full working order.. only $100 for the upgrade if you already have an XBOX 360. :lol:

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Wow, so this contest is for a defective product. I'm suprised at you, Andrew, giving away fire hazards to idiots like me. Tsk, tsk. (joking)

yooperchick

Registered Member
Wait a minute! Andrew - he's right!

But you know what...I don't care. If I won, I'd :

hug it and love it and squeeze it and call it george.

I heard about that class action lawsuit on G4. The dude wants damages as well as a 360 recall. I haven't heard anything official on a recall yet.

Thermal

Registered Member
As said above, the guy is asking for a recall if he wins the lawsuit. I doubt he'll win though, and I doubt there is enough defective systems to call for a recall.

I don't know. Over at Gamestop we've had a bunch of people complain about the 360. There have been complaints all over the place, really. Freezing, scratched discs, overheating, lousy backwards compatibility. What a horrible launch. I hope the guy wins the case.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Hmm... Andrew, the 360 hasn't been tested, right? What will the winner do if it turns out to be one of the defective ones? Would we be able to get it replaced from Microsoft when we don't actually buy it from a store?