Xbox 360 Xbox 360 Prices(here is the true price of the system)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Yung_Impression, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Yung_Impression

Yung_Impression Registered Member

u can get the Xbox 360 for $400, it comes wit everything for the Xbox Live including the headset.

or u can get the one for $300, and it dont come wit the Xbox live equipment, but it comes with the controller and the rest of the stuff to go wit it.

but im gettin the one for $300, because i like the price more, but without the Xbox Live its still gonna be a nice system to have though.

2. Thermal

Thermal Registered Member

Actually, the Core system ($299.99) one is really a rip off. You don't get the hard drive ($99.99 by itself), which is needed for backward compat, plus the headset, the 1 month free of Xbox live, 10ft Ethernet cable, and the wireless controller (core is wired only). So, I would say get the premium ($399.99) one, unless you can't afford it, or don't need the extra features.

3. Yung_Impression

Yung_Impression Registered Member

^^imma get the $300 cuz i don't play online tho....but the system still gonna be hot.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'd highly recommend getting the $400 package. You'll probably end up saving money in the long run. After having a hard drive with Xbox, I can't imagine NOT having one. It's just so much better than memory cards.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

The XBOX 360 Core exists only as that system that nobody wants but somehow people accidentally buy it and they end up having two XBOX's because of it.. and Microsoft makes a lot more money.

What I mean by that is it's going to end up being the system that a lot of kids get for Christmas because their parents didn't know the difference. These same kids will be made fun of when they go back to school because, they got a core, lol! :lol:

You know it will happen. The core isn't even upgradable to a standard 360. The top os completely different looking. I'd say if you can't afford the full 360, wait, because you'll regret it later and have to end up spending the full amount for the full system later since it doesn't appear to be the same case either. Also it doesn't come with wireless controllers... That's one of the best parts about the 360. Why miss out? :)

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'm pretty sure you can upgrade the core to be exactly like the premium 360. Physically, the consoles are exactly the same except one has a hard drive (which is detachable).

7. Thermal

Thermal Registered Member

The core can be completely upgraded, but it'll cost about a hundred dollars more beyond the price of the premium. Since you'll need to buy a memory card (39.99), assuming you want to save that is, you already almost paid half the price of a hard drive. Also remember that, if you don't have a hard drive, you won't be able to play the older xbox games.

8. Pianobone

Pianobone Registered Member

The Xbox 360 Core is the biggest crock I've ever heard of. Andrew's right about people having to buy two of them. I've told my family like 8000 times, "If you buy me an Xbox 360 for Christmas, you'd better make [email protected] sure it's a full system and not a core."

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It's like getting the fullscreen version of a movie by accident instead of a widescreen and opening it without realizing.

10. Pianobone

Pianobone Registered Member

Or renting "Star Wars Episode 3" and then discovering the idiot at the rental store put "Corky Romano" in by mistake.