• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 Xbox 360 Laptop

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok, this is one of the coolest mods I've ever seen:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/11/ben-heckendorns-xbox-360-laptop-best-mod-ever/

Water cooling, portability, keyboard.. and yeah, 3 months of work, and a hefty paycheck.

The guy who made this is Ben Heckendorn, and apparently he's made a TON of other very sweet mods as well. He is hired by rich gamers who want custom mods, and he delivers.

For example, ever wanted a portable NES? Sure there is the Game Boy, the Game Boy Color, the Game Boy Advance, and the Nintendo DS, which ALL (conveniently) can play most classic games from NES, since they have all been released at some point in time on these portable systems... BUT, what if you want the real deal? Like I said, Ben Heckendorn delivers:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/29/ben-heckendorns-new-improved-npod/

I'd like to imagine that it's only a matter of time before he is picked up by one of the big boys. Fans want custom. I know a lot of people who would pay good money for an Xbox 360 laptop setup.. Heck, depending on how much it was I might even be interested myself.

Hello Ben Heckendorn, goodbye warranty!

maddengamer_66

Registered Member
thats pretty sweet, i cant believe he sold it tho, well yes i can because the money he makes off of that will probably pay for 2 new xbox 360s... i wanna know how he did that PPS2 though, ive got one lyin around that i dont use and i would deffinitely do that if i knew how

Pianobone

Registered Member
I seem to remember a guy that made a mod with an original NES, SNES, Atari 2600, N64, Dreamcast, GameCube, Xbox, PS1 and PS2, plus a Pentium 4 al in one. He essentially put it all in a giant PC tower.