• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 Xbox 360 Hard Drive

spyder_013

Can the 360 use a external hardrive via the USB port?

I want to get a 360 but cant dish out the cash for a premium system, the Arcade system has some cheap games and wireless controller,m but no memory and I have a ext. hardrive, so if it works it would be great.

thanks in advance.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
No, and simply just save your money until you can get a premium. You're going to hate yourself if you get a core/arcade version. If you can, go to Gamestop and get a refurbished or used premium system.

spyder_013

thats what I figured, and I probably will save up for the Premium or go to GS...

I have enough money to get it, but I already bought the Wii, ill get it eventually, its just I do other things like Guitar and Paintball,

thanks for the help :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
No problem, you should stick around and check out poker when you get ten posts.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's one of the things PS3 did VERY right. With a PS3 you can use ANY SATA hard drive in it. So if you want a 500 gig hard drive in your PS3 you can just go to Best Buy or wherever you shop and pick up a Western Digital. It's a very convenient setup they have made. Pricey yes, but very convenient.

Krzy08

except without 120gb hard drive.......

Yea, but i try buy 120 gb HDD, I thought they should make more production 120 to 300 or 500 just like PS3. That weird 120 is not enough, think bout it if 120 was already fillup with game memory all stuff in there. How can I move my game memory to other hard drive?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Are you asking how you put data from one Xbox 360 HDD to another? If so, I believe you need to get in contact with Microsoft, who then sends you a special cable. You then have to faff about for a bit to get it ready to copy, and after it's all copied, you chuck away the old HDD, because something then bricks it, because apparently MS don't want you using the old HDD for some reason.