Xbox 360 got Star Ocean 4? Uncool!

What happened to Xbox being sports and FPS while PS3 was more so the action & adventure and RPG system? At least that's what I thought it was suppose to be. I didn't expect MicroSoft to actually try to lure companies over to their system the Xbox. Darn. =(

Anywho, I don't like this trend where companies strictly use their products for one system only. At least after I've heard about Star Ocean 4 on Xbox 360 I don't. Heh. It doesn't seem fair that I need to buy three systems (over $1,ooo) just to enjoy RPG games. What happened to the multi-platform RPGs -...er, any genre game for that matter - that were for every system?

Now, we have it where you either need to be rich to enjoy all these games, or don't play them at all.

I understand the console providers want my money, but at the end of the day the consumer gets screwed because they'll either need to: A) spend their hard earn dough, or B) don't, and become a sad panda.

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Sounds like someone is angry they bought the wrong system.

Here's a lesson to learn from this, vilky, fanboyism is like being retarded. Exactly like being retarded.

What happened to Xbox being sports and FPS while PS3 was more so the action & adventure and RPG system?

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about, it's stupid and when were either of these systems labeled like this? Xbox was never called an "FPS system" and PS3 was certainly never an "action and adventure" system. The people who apply these labels are console racists basically, they think theirs is superior or they try and categorize each console based solely on their own beliefs.

Also, I don't know what you mean by "what happened to console exclusives" because now more than any point in gaming history, do we see multi-platform releases. Back in the day, if you wanted Sonic, you needed a Genesis, end of story. Mario? Ninentdo, no options. Nowadays, there are still exclusives (and there always will be, it's called 'business', get used to it) but almost all major titles get released across several consoles.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
The Xbox is trying to penetrate japan's share of the market, and they use RPG's for it since its pretty much all they buy.

The irony is those games have sold poorly in japan and in the US... Which is a shame, the last remnant, infinite undiscorvery and SO4 is one of the best games on the system

If you are looking for Rpgs for the ps3 you should go for Valkyria chronicles, the white knight, Deamons soul (its not a jprg though) Atelier rorona which is awesome and Final fantasy versus 13.

Then you can get Eternal sonata, which is multi and its awesome too

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Sounds like someone is angry they bought the wrong system.

Here's a lesson to learn from this, vilky, fanboyism is like being retarded. Exactly like being retarded.
I don't think that's what he meant. While I agree it's stupid to label a console as an RPG console or whatever, Playstation has typically had a lot more RPGs than the other consoles so it would make sense for an RPG fan to buy PS3. I can see where it would be frustrating to have one of your favorite games come out exclusively for another console when all of the prequels were on Playstation (I don't know if that's the case with the Star Ocean series, just an assumption). I know I would be pretty pissed if I bought Xbox 1080 for Halo 9 but it only came out for Playstation 5.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
That would make you impulsive and presumptuous. You can't complain about something like this merely because it goes against what you'd expect. To be honest, as soon as the PS3 released it's selling price, I predicted that console exclusivity would begin to vanish because of how affordable the 360 is compared to the PS3. Playstation was the juggernaut of the last generation with the PS2 being one of the greatest systems of all time but it was clear that Microsoft was perfectly capable of making an impact and the 360 merely proved that. It was very realistic to predict that some of Sony's exclusive titles would jump ship after early sales of the PS3 were extremely dismal compared to what they expected.