• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 controller for pc games

Tristan84

Registered Member
I have Tony Hawk's Underground 2 for PC, and I prefer using a 360 controller, rather than the keyboard. However, some actions require holding down 2 buttons, such as acid drops, grabbing onto ledges, spine/hip transfers, etc. What I want to do is map these actions to the trigger buttons, but the triggers count as the Z Axis. What the hell is up with that? On the Playsation (x) controllers, the L2 and R2 buttons are independent of each other. For instance, on Saints Row 3, I can run with L2 and throw grenades with R2. Is there any way t configure the triggers so they're not 1 axis/independent buttons?

dDave

V.I.P.
Does the game natively support 360 controllers? Do you know of anybody else that has had success with this?

Doing custom button mapping can be a real pain, especially when you have to map combinations as well.

Tristan84

Registered Member
Apparently it does support 360 controllers, because I didn't have to use Pinnacle or XPadder to map keys to the controller's buttons. I don't know of anyone else who even has this game anymore. I got my physical copy at a local used games store for $2.

dDave

V.I.P.
Do you have any drivers for it or is it just plug and play?

Any chance you can try this with a regular XBOX controller? The game was originally for PS2, XBOX, and Gamecube (all 3 options had dual triggers). Otherwise a PS3 controller may be a good option.

What OS are you running?

Tristan84

Registered Member
Do you have any drivers for it or is it just plug and play?

Any chance you can try this with a regular XBOX controller? The game was originally for PS2, XBOX, and Gamecube (all 3 options had dual triggers). Otherwise a PS3 controller may be a good option.

What OS are you running?
Windows Vista Home Premium (x86) My controller is a Pro Ex Mini for Xbox 360. I doubt that an xbox controller would work. I've played American Wasteland using this controller with no problem, partly because the actions that had you push 2 buttons were combined onto 1.