• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies X-Men Sequel to be directed by Matthew Vaughn

Iris

rainbow 11!
good! I really liked first class, and I liked that verse better than the other movies. Hopefully this one will be just as good as first class.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah First Class was the start of a new trilogy and it was said that all three will be directed my Vaughn. I'm really happy about this, I have really loved Vaughns work ever since I saw Kick-Ass. And first Class was the best X-Men film to date.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I fear that the FC universe would get too crowded and overflowing with characters, much like the other trilogy. What would you name the sequel anyway...? X-Men: Second Year?

Just a thought.

But I am seriously excited. First Class was one of my favorite movies of last year.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
First Class was excellent. After X-Men 3 was such a flop, I was pleasantly surprised to see a good one quickly show up and erase my fresh memories of the previous film. I'd love to see a sequel and I can't wait to see some more mutants as younger people.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I fear that the FC universe would get too crowded and overflowing with characters, much like the other trilogy. What would you name the sequel anyway...? X-Men: Second Year?

Just a thought.

But I am seriously excited. First Class was one of my favorite movies of last year.
They did a good job with not including too many characters in the first one. I didn't anticipate a second movie though because I thought First Class would just lead into the X-Men universe we were familiar with. A sequel would just be redundant. But I'm not surprised they would keep it going though. They could just create their own X-Men universe. I've given up on trying to piece together continuities from the comics.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Yeah, I'm pretty sure First Class was supposed to be a complete reboot. It's been a while since I've seen the first X-Men, but I got the impression that was the first time the students were introduced to Magneto, but he was on their side in FC

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I think the first xmen just jumped into the action with brief new character intros. It might've been hard for people to understand if they weren't already fans of the franchise.

The xmen movie wiki says that First Class is a prequel. I suppose there is still quite a bit of time between First Class and the first xmen movie for another story. They've just got so much going on with prequels an spinoffs that may or may not follow the trilogy continuities...