Movies X-Men: First Class

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This will a thread to discuss about the X-Men movie called First Class. We can use this thread to discuss possible villans, actors playing in this movie and the storyline. The movie suppose to start filming in August.

Here's an article about a possible villain and actor who might portray him.

[/COLOR]

411mania.com: Movies - [Movies] Is Banshee Cast in X-Men: First Class?

Banshee would be a good addition to the franchise in my opinion. I don't know much from him, but from what I read he could make a good villain.

Thoughts?

2. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Banshee's awesome, glad to see him getting props in a movie...he could also fly on sound waves, according to comics and the X-Men cartoon from the early 90s...he'd scream and fly around, it rocked! :D haha. Good actor choice, though...but I'm not sure, what's his nationality? Banshee should be played by a Scot. :)

He was a villain during one of the original 5's adventures, so that could be a possibility, but when Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, etc. joined up in the comics, he did as well.

A good villain from back then is Mimic, a guy that could copy people's mutant powers...he bascially ran around with power from each of the original 5, seems like a villain that could be done well.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Magneto, or if he didn't have a cameo at the very least.

Still, I didn't really know this was being made...any X-Men movie is something to get me stoked! :)

3. Babe_Ruth

411mania.com: Movies - [Movies] Will X-Men: First Class Include Willow?

Here is another article on possible villans and cast members on the new X-Men.

What would be your thoughts on having Willow as a character in the new X-Men?

4. Unity

I'd be fine with having her as a character, but it shows that the movie isn't going to be true to the comics right off the bat; that's not necessarily a bad thing for the movie and its success, just kind of a bummer.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

wow so this is the first I've heard of this movie. Sounds like its 'sposed to be a "Generation-X" type setting?

I see they've already got Banshee as stated, but wheres Emma Frost? I mean come on now she's fairly important :hah:

it'll be real interesting to see how many of the actors and actresses they can retain from the first X-men movie that were considered extras in the "School for the Gifted" tid-bit they gave during the Bobby Drake and Rogue love fest.

6. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Another X-Men movie? Awesome. I love the other ones. Can't say I followed the comics, so I can't really comment on what characters I want to see, but I am definitely looking forward to it.

7. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

First of all......... a new Xmen movie! AWESOME.....TOTALLY AWESOME!! I get excited just thinking about it........and yeah....... Banshee would be a good addition to the franchise. Do you think they will find some way of 'magically' bringing back Professor Xavier?

8. Unity

Generation X was a great book, forgot about it! But this movie, I think, is going with more of an "origins" of the X-Men. I don't think Emma Frost would be involved.

9. Babe_Ruth

411mania.com: Movies - [Movies] Kevin Bacon Confirmed For X-Men: First Class, Jennifer Lawrence To Play Mystique

Kevin Bacon is an interesting choice, I wonder which character he's going to play.

Any thoughts?

10. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla