• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies X-Men: Days of Future Past

dDave

V.I.P.
Given the history of X-Men and the comics I'm actually pretty excited to see this movie. Wolverine didn't disappoint and I really loved X2 from the original trilogy (First Class wasn't half bad either). I'm excited to see all of my favorite stars back in action.

'X-Men: Days of Future Past' International TV Spot Goes SNIKT - iamROGUE.com

Very interesting concept, I always wondered if they would try and make it into a movie one day.

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) - IMDb

The cast is just great all the way down the list. I don't know all of them but to name those that I do know and like...

-Jennifer Lawrence
-Michael Fassbender
-Hugh Jackman
-Ellen Page
-Ian McKellen
-Halle Berry
-Patrick Steward
-James McAvoy

Obviously, there are a bunch of other people in the movie as well.

Anyone else really interested/excited for X-Men: Days of Future Past?

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
They have somewhat of an update on this (you'll have to watch the video to actually get that, otherwise enjoy a few character photos)

New Official X-Men: Days of Future Past Character Photos - IGN

It sounds like we're actually going to be seeing a lot of the original team, that's really exciting, I loved the original team.

Definitely going to be the biggest X-Men movie ever made. I am getting increasingly excited for May to come around so I can go see this movie. It sounds crazy that they are going to follow two different storylines, the original team will be fighting in the future and the younger team will be in the 1970s fighting.

They have the potential to bring Scott and Jean back to life. They can also add tons of other X-Men to the film that we haven't seen for some time, very exciting.

dDave

V.I.P.
There's a new trailer for this movie. In a word, exciting.

X-Men: Days of Future Past | Official Trailer 2 [HD] | 20th Century FOX - YouTube

It really does look great. I am very excited to see this movie. I've been doing a lot of research on the characters and the comics and I have to say that I am genuinely impressed not only with the idea for the story but the way that it was written.

I can't believe I'm the only one to reply to this thread. Does nobody else like X-men around here? :lol:

dDave

V.I.P.
X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) - IMDb

The movie releases this week. I don't want to go see it on opening night but if the initial crowd reactions are good then I think I will probably go and see this movie.

The last time I was in a theater I went to see The Desolation of Smaug I believe (I might be forgetting something. It just feels as if I'm long overdue to see a movie in the theaters.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I'm definitely checking this out with wifey at the cinema. Early reviews say it's quite good, so that's an encouraging sign. Doesn't mean I'll like it just 'cos the reviewers think so, but it still leaves me hopeful.

I like how they've done the Sentinels in this, and it looks to have a pretty neat roster of mutants. I'm glad that Bryan Singer is back in the director's chair too.

dDave

V.I.P.
I finally got the chance to see this movie tonight.

I thought it really was fantastic, not quite what I was expecting bit still great. I think the movie really is on par with X2, my favorite X men movie.

It puts me in the mood to watch more X men movies.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I saw it. I don't think it's on par with X2. I still think that one's the best of them all so far. However, it was definitely one of the better ones. I quite enjoyed it.

dDave

V.I.P.
I saw it. I don't think it's on par with X2. I still think that one's the best of them all so far. However, it was definitely one of the better ones. I quite enjoyed it.
I'm trying to be unbiased about the film. I've only seen it once whereas I've seen X2 probably 9 or 10 times. X2 holds some nostalgic value for me.

Looking at the movie for what it was, the story, the acting, the effects, etc. I feel as if this is the only X-Men movie that is in league with X2. I'm not saying it's better but I do feel as if for once they have captured the same quality in this one. I'm sure as time goes on I will grow to love this one as I have X2.

I was afraid that the switches between past and future would feel strange or out of place but it was done quite well.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've had some weeks to digest it and in my opinion it's the best X-Men flick to date. I loved the seemless timeplay, the stories, the characters and how real it all felt. I was blown away by everything and it only makes me excited for Apocalypse.