TV X Factor

Danno

Registered Member
Why do English people like this seriously?

We have the whole world laughing at us and rightfully so when we continue to produce television programmes like this.

About 10% of people who go on this show are talented, and not even that talented. No where near as good as the ones you see on the American versions.

Our country is an embarrassment and I am ashamed.

Mrs-Smith

Registered Member
So far i am really enjoying this X-factor mainly for entertainment sake even the cringe moments. :lol: BUT...Louis is peeing me off with the fact he keeps going on and on about trying to find the next Jedward and referring to any double act that goes on as being the next ones even if they CAN sing?? :shake: Thing is acts like Jedward only sells to toddlers and little kids. But putting that aside so far there has been a good hand full i look forward to seeing going through to the finals. Its just fun entertainment really. :D

Saffy

Registered Member
Why do English people like this seriously?

We have the whole world laughing at us and rightfully so when we continue to produce television programmes like this.

About 10% of people who go on this show are talented, and not even that talented. No where near as good as the ones you see on the American versions.

Our country is an embarrassment and I am ashamed.
calm down mate,,, its only a programme;):lol:

I suppose a part of it is making fun of the ones who are terrible.
I must say i honestly dont like those bits and wish they would show more of the talented ones.. i do like it better when it gets to the live shows:nod:

So far i am really enjoying this X-factor mainly for entertainment sake even the cringe moments. :lol: BUT...Louis is peeing me off with the fact he keeps going on and on about trying to find the next Jedward and referring to any double act that goes on as being the next ones even if they CAN sing?? :shake: Thing is acts like Jedward only sells to toddlers and little kids. But putting that aside so far there has been a good hand full i look forward to seeing going through to the finals. Its just fun entertainment really. :D
Louis is mad ,, he is the worst of the judges if you ask me:lol:
------
this young man was on 2 years ago and got as far as the judges house :)

YouTube - Liam Payne - The X Factor 2010 - Audition
------
I really quite liked this young girl too:D only 16!

YouTube - Cher Lloyd's X Factor Audition (Full Version) - itv.com/xfactor

Last edited:

Danno

Registered Member
Surely you understand what I am saying though? Unless of course you are one of the people I am actually talking about.

Also, they are both terrible.

Saffy

Registered Member
Surely you understand what I am saying though? Unless of course you are one of the people I am actually talking about.

Also, they are both terrible.
No sorry i dont,, and im not being sarcastic,,, so try explaining again,,, and if i dont agree still,, then allow me that perogative as i will alllow you ,, yes i was just havin a bit of fun in my first post to you , but i respect your right to not like it and to come here and say so ,, :)

They may not be perfect by a long way Danno, but they are both very young and i thought they were ok ,,, singing live anyway, which is more than some world famous singers can aspire to tbh:-/

Last edited:

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Actually i don't like watching the crappy people either. haha I was just thinking on behalf of others who might.

Lots of people think they're good. They honestly believe that they have talent. I can't think of any other explanation. I doubt anyone would purposefully go and make a fool of themselves. When people say "oh, you're really good. you should go try out for american idol/x factor," some people take it seriously.

once in a while, you'll get non-serious acts that get popular on the internet (like the pants on the ground guy).

Bananas

Endangered Species
Yes but my point is why do the people, who must know they are terrible, volountarily go on live television to embarass themselves. Therefore embarrassing the nation.
I dont see how you conclude it is embarrassing the nation.

The reason they go on is something to do with deluded ambitious fantasy (the negative effect of positive thinking), its the same thing that drives people to colour their skin like a wotsit, they see beautiful bronzed skin everyone else sees an oompa-lumpa.

Anyway embarrassing or not, it is entertaining at least. Its interesting when you get someone bold as brass and full of confidence putting on an atrocious performance then you get someone else full of nerves who belts out a tune and gets a standing ovations. The psychology of it all is really interesting.

Saffy

Registered Member
Actually i don't like watching the crappy people either. haha I was just thinking on behalf of others who might.

Lots of people think they're good. They honestly believe that they have talent. I can't think of any other explanation. I doubt anyone would purposefully go and make a fool of themselves. When people say "oh, you're really good. you should go try out for american idol/x factor," some people take it seriously.

once in a while, you'll get non-serious acts that get popular on the internet (like the pants on the ground guy).
oh yea its amazing what can make you "famous" for a while anyway:lol:

I dont see how you conclude it is embarrassing the nation.

The reason they go on is something to do with deluded ambitious fantasy (the negative effect of positive thinking), its the same thing that drives people to colour their skin like a wotsit, they see beautiful bronzed skin everyone else sees an oompa-lumpa.

Anyway embarrassing or not, it is entertaining at least. Its interesting when you get someone bold as brass and full of confidence putting on an atrocious performance then you get someone else full of nerves who belts out a tune and gets a standing ovations. The psychology of it all is really interesting.
thats very true ,, it is usually the modest ones that are better;)