• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

X Factor audition song ideas?

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
Firstly, not sure where to put this, so if it's in the wrong place, I apologise.

Well today I recieved a letter inviting me to attend an audition for X Factor (like American Idol, for those who don't know what it is) in Manchester. Trouble is, I can't seem to decide which song to attempt. I'd just like some ideas and suggestions for songs from you lovely people. Auditions are on the 18th April btw.

I don't really expect to get through to the next stage, I'm mainly doing it for the experience. However, if you suggest a song that I use, and I get through, then I will love you forever! Or, at least, hold you in high regard.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Nice one mate.

In my opinion, I reckon you should do something you like, sing something that you're confident with, which flatures your vocal assets. You like Elvis so maybe have a punt at one of his classics.

Never do something you don't like as you won't have the passion and it'll be cold and impersonal.

Just go for something you enjoy singing.

And best of luck mate, might be able to poke fun at you on the tele!!

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I was going to say how about an Elvis classic, too, haha. I think it's hard for us to give you suggestions, having never heard you sing before. I have no idea what style your voice is or what suits you, but definately go with something you actually like and are comfortable with.

Oops I almost forgot - congrats and good luck :D

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I read X-Factor and thought maybe they were making another Marvel Movie :hah:

I agree with BEE however on your song selection. You definitely shouldnt go out of your comfort zone and tackle say a Whitney Houston song when you've got an Eddie Vetter voice. Go with what you know and what you're comfortable with. This way you'll be more versed, prepared, and more importantly... confident.

º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

As the local janitor of these Parts I see three places I can send it for you;

1) General Music..... It should get more music related replies
2)Movies & TV.........It'll get more "Congrats on the invite!" but not much music
or just leave it in
3)General Discussion... and you'll probably get both but then will also get some other spammy replies that could most likely end its demise.

So take your pick, where would you prefer it?

wooly

I am the woolrus
Sing whatever song it is that you sing in the shower! At least you'll confidently know the words :D

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
Advice board seems a good place. Forgot about that one :D

I was thinking of an Elvis number, but can't settle on one. I also thought of "When You Say Nothing at All" by Ronan Keating.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Something along the lines of the classics.

Just some songs that jumped into my head:

Smoke on the water - Deep purple
Here I go again - Whitesnake

Might think of more later....

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Sing something that you're really confident with. I mean like something you've sung dozens and dozens of times. It should come natural to you.

Btw good job and good luck. :] I'm happy for you.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
'I can't help falling in love with you' It's a classic and easy to remember.

How did you get the invite?

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
I put my name down on the website. They said that not everyone who asks will be invited, I was one of the lucky ones I guess!