• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE's Titus O'Neil Reportedly Suspended "Upwards of 90 Days" for Crossing Vince McMahon

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
What in the world? I saw the same thing as you but I didn't think anything of it

I assume we'll get more info soon regarding it

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Maybe Titus was already in hot-water(he did lose cleanly to Adam Rose) and this was Vince’ final straw?! Still silly to me, but there must be a valid reason other than Titus grabbing Vince like he did.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I saw this trending on Facebook this morning. To play Devil's Advocate for just a moment, some people are really big on personal boundaries and just don't like being touched. Maybe Vince is one of those people... although, we've seen him do some gross ass shit during the attitude era so who knows, really.

Either way, 90 days seems pretty fucking harsh. Especially taking into consideration how the punishment for violating the wellness policy is 30 to 60 days. Maybe it's a work? I don't know. Titus isn't that big of a player on the roster right now so... yeah. Not sure what's going on there. Maybe he just caught some backstage heat.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I saw this trending on Facebook this morning. To play Devil's Advocate for just a moment, some people are really big on personal boundaries and just don't like being touched. Maybe Vince is one of those people... although, we've seen him do some gross ass shit during the attitude era so who knows, really.
That also popped in to my head. Could be Vince is very touch-phobic when he doesn't book himself for it.

thealigator

Registered Member
I do wonder what is going on in the background. I saw the clip and whilst Titus may have been a little bit silly for what he did it did not seem agressive. It may be that Vince was just in a very tense frame of mind with Bryan leaving and other such things but it also maybe that Vince was just looking for a reason to suspend Titus. WWE seems to be a very strange working enviroment. I would love to know exactly what happens.

In places I have worked if you were to be suspended or sent home normally the first thing one would do is speak to their team leader or line manager and then speak with HR about it and see what if anything can be done, an employer cannot just fire or suspend you on a whim. Do you think something similar occours?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I actually just read another article on this at r/SquaredCircle a few minutes ago:

WWE Issues Statement On Racism Allegations, Text Message From Titus O'Neil Made Public

It basically touches on the same issues that the article Babe posted but with the added benefit of Titus' response via text.

Okay, here's my problem with this shit. The WWE suspended Titus for unprofessional conduct, correct? So why do they think it's okay to release his personal text messages in response to a NY Post article? That's the epitome of unprofessional conduct. Hypocrisy, much? Who the heck is heading up their PR department?