• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE's Next Iron Man Match

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Well we all know that Iron Man Matches are rarities in the WWE and rewatching the Cena/Orton Iron Man match from Bragging Rights 09, it lead me to wonder...

When will the WWE have an iron man match again and with whom?

I personally hope that they throw Punk and Daniel Bryan in a match. Two indy stars that can work their butts off to put on a show. When? I wish they did it at WM 27 or soon after or before.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've always been a fan of Iron Man matches, I think they are better when technical wrestlers are in them. I definitely would love to see CM Punk and Bryan in this type of match, they have sort of semilar backgrounds and I believe they would put on a great show for the fans since the chemistry would be there between the two stars. I'm not sure if the WWE would give these two 60 minutes of time though.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I doubt they would, but if they did... oh boy.

Another possible way to end Morrison/Sheamus would be to give them an iron man match? Maybe at TLC?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I think Sheamus may not fit with an Iron Man match right now, don't ask me why.

I agree that Punk and Bryan would excel at this kind of match...I also think Orton's still probably the perfect WWE candidate for it right now.

I also think of Kaval, after he's more established, I think he'd put on a great Iron Man match with his variety of moves and unique style.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Knowing the WWE's wanting to experiment, imagine a triple threat iron man match between Kaval, Punk and Bryan!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That concept would be awesome, never been done before from what I know!

Another good (but totally unlikely) candidate would be Evan Bourne. The kid's agility and conditioning would work, but it would have to be during a big push.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Evan got a good push in the summer of 09, but it faded quickly. I don't see him getting much a push soon. He is coming across as a forever midcarder.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
He received a bigger spotlight this year than he ever had in '09, teaming with Cena, etc.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Was it this year? Seems so far long ago, haha.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Was it this year? Seems so far long ago, haha.
lol, yep, I think it was!

I also forgot about the main point during that time, he had a handful of excellent matches with Y2J. The kind where both competitors seem to bring out the best in each other.

Sometimes I wish that some mid-card guys like John Morrison could get elevated to the main event with The Miz, so that there's more room for guys like Bourne in the IC/US title picture. Then again, Daniel Bryan is new and doing a great job with the US title...I don't know.

But, not to go too far off topic, John Morrison would be perfect for an Iron Man Match. He might be even better than others mentioned...that guy is conditioning made flesh, lol.