• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE Wrestler of the year, 2010

Who was the best wrestler in 2010?

• John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sheamus

• Big Show

• Edge

• Rey Mysterio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
2009 Winner: Chris Jericho

Okay this is the biggest one we decide on here at General Forum...quite simply, who was the best this year? I'll give you some information on their accomplishments in 2010 and you ultimately decide which individual had the best all around year in the WWE in 2010. I listed them in no particular order.

The Miz: Currently stands with a record of 32-29-4. He had 11 successful title defenses in 2010 which was the most out of anybody and also won 8 times on PPV's. He won the WWE title once, won the United States title once, and was also a WWE Tag Team Champion. Additionally, he won the Money in the Bank briefcase.

John Cena: Currently stands with a record of 27-20-7. He had 2 successful title defenses in 2010 and won 7 times on PPV's. He won the WWE Title on 2 occasions and was also a WWE Tag Team Champion.

Randy Orton: Currently stands with a record of 36-19-4. He had 4 successful title defenses in 2010 and won 5 times on PPV's. He won the WWE title one time in 2010.

Sheamus: Currently stands with a record of 24-18-5. He had 5 successful title defenses in 2010 and won 4 times on PPV's. He won the WWE title one time and was the 2010 King of the Ring.

Kane: Currently stands with a record of 24-15-5. He had 5 successful title defenses in 2010 and won 6 times on PPV's. He won the World title one time and was a Money in the Bank winner.

Big Show: Currently stands with a record of 42-14-2...that amount of victories tied him for first overall. He had 6 successful title defenses and won 8 times on PPV's. He won the WWE Tag Titles.

Edge: Currently stands with a record of 24-18-9. He didn't have any successful title defenses in 2010 but did win 4 times on PPV. He was the 2010 Royal Rumble winner and won the World title one time in 2010.

Rey Mysterio: Currently stands with a record of 32-15-4. He had 1 successful title defense in 2010 and won 6 times on PPV. He won the World title one time in 2010.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is definitely the hardest one of the mall. It could go to a few wrestlers on this list. Sheamus had a great year, and put on good matches at the Pay Per Views.

Edge, well Edge is Edge the man is great at what he does, he excelled more on Smackdown then Raw but for the part he had a great year. His feud with Jericho was great.

The Miz made a lot of progress this year, he established himself as a main event guy and he's one of the best guys on the stick. He also won the World Title, something he worked really hard at doing.

John Cena had a decent year, didn't put out anything spectacular except for a match here and there. I just believe he's character needs a change in a big way for me to start appreciating him again.

It surprised the hell out of me when Kane won the Money in the Bank and cashed it in to win the title. I didn't believe the WWE would give him another title reign. That said, I didn't think he was a great champion, but he sure cut some great promos.

You all know how I feel about Mysterio.

Even though the Big Show has a great record, I just don't believe he deserves a mention. He slower then ever, and his knock out punch is so dumb.

That leaves me one guy, and that's the guy who I believe deserves Wrestler of the Year. Randy Orton had a great year, I was one of the people who thought he should remain heel since he couldn't handle being a full face. Even though he's technically not a heel, more of a tweener I believe he plays his role perfectly. He's put on some great matches, and he's made people say "Holy Shit" so many times when he hit his RKO.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
For me it came down to two superstars...The Miz or Randy Orton.

It's fair to say that the Miz accomplished more this year. With that said sometimes being in the mid-card allows for that. Orton was in the main event the entire year so he's not going to fight for the tag titles or the US title. Miz has come along way and had a great year but my vote also goes to the Viper, Randy Orton.

His RKO on Bourne off the top rope was my wow moment of the year. The RKO is the most over finisher in the WWE. Orton's character is perfect. He's the best going right now.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I was the same as Millz where it came down to Orton or The Miz for me. I'm definitely biased in the fact that Orton is my favorite wrestler, but this year has seen a meteoric rise for him as a face...the fans have gotten behind him big time, and he's fully become the modern day Stone Cold in his own unique way. His title run was great...his character is great...his RKOs get more and more unique every time I see them. The Miz had an awesome (pun intended) year but his move to the main event is still relatively new. Randy Orton is the man in the WWE, and has been all year.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Yeah I understand that there are a lot of Orton fans here, but I will stand up for The Miz.

He is the Wrestler of the year. BARELY. He accomplished the most, and that in my mind takes the cake for me.

All Orton did was win the title once and act like a wussy face dealing with Legacy at WM...

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I'm voting for the underdog, Kane. Name me one superstar that cut better promos than Kane during his feud with Taker.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I chose Randy Orton, he has it all. There is no doubt that he will headline Wrestmania this year but the question is how? I can't wait to see what the future holds for this guy.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I'm voting for the underdog, Kane. Name me one superstar that cut better promos than Kane during his feud with Taker.
Ha, that's a trick question. There were none. That arc was just gearing up at mid-year, though, and you might agree with me that he was phoning it in (and getting jobbed) prior to that. When he got a story he liked, only then did he get off the can and bite into his role in any Shakespearean way. Where was that fire (pun intended) hiding? For a while, it really looked to me that he was walking through his part, much like I thought he did last year in his Bragging Rights feud with Jericho.