WWE to be investigated for worker policy

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Tucker, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Well, this is interesting. The independent contractor model has been controversial for many years, as I'm sure you're all aware. Now, it may be hitting the fan.

I hope the state prevails in this. If nothing else, maybe a new law will be enacted giving the workers full employee rights.

2. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

That's pretty interesting, I don't think that the state is going to win the case due to independent contractors have to comepensate for their own health insurance. But I am with you Tucker, I hope the state somehow wins, but if they win not only should it apply to the WWE, but it should be applied towards all independent contractors.

3. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I think this whole thing is a long time coming...it would be excellent for the wrestlers but I don't really see it getting passed but I hope I'm wrong.

I mean, if the WWE is going to fork out money for rehab then what's wrong with health benefits too?

4. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I'd love to see this, like everyone else; the wrestlers have such an physically, mentally, and time intensive profession. They deserve at least normal treatment, lol.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

To me its a Sport wrapped in a Drama.

Both Athletes and Actors have their respective Associations or Unions... and it kinda blows my mind that the Wrestlers dont have a "Pro Wrestlers Association" that provides these kinda benefits that both Athletes and Actors have.

As its been said, long time coming.