• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE/TNA Crossover?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have not been keeping up to date with wrestling recently but I just popped onto Wrestling Edge and saw the below story:

Dixie Carter Open to WWE/TNA Crossover Event
Posted by W-E on Friday, May 17th, 2013
- TNA’s President Dixie Carter recently spoke to Digital Spy and revealed she is open to the idea of an event where WWE and TNA talent would go head-to-head in a cross-promotional event.

Carter revealed that the rivalry between the two brands is beneficial to both sides, and most importantly, the fans

“I don’t think [the WWE] shares my belief in this, but I believe that competition is 100% positively essential,”

“I think it’s important for fans and for us. To have one company dominate, a) it’s boring, and b) you are not being challenged enough. It’s always better to have other options out there and I truly believe it makes both companies better.”

When asked if she would open to WWE and TNA talent appearing on the same shows, she said: “I absolutely would do that. I’m not sure if they would do that, but I absolutely would.”

Carter closed by saying she is “very proud” of the company’s achievements on “limited resources”, and that her aim is still to become “the most successful wrestling company in the world”.

Source: W/E
I am not convinced that this will ever actually happen, Vince and HHH are way to full of themselves to risk it damaging the product and to be fair I can see why, the only reason they did the invasion angle was because Vinny owned WCW.

What do you think though? Could this work? Is TNA even in a position where they could and do compete? Should WWE see this as a way to further promote and further increase viewing numbers?

BigBob

Registered Member
Would I love to see it? Yes.

Will it ever happen? No.

Both companies are going in two different directions style wise, and audience wise, that I just can't see Vince ever agreeing to it. From my understanding, and this is from a recent Paul Heyman interview, Vince absolutely hates wrestling companies that were started with the backing of a major rich figure. This was one of the main reasons he wanted to run WCW to the ground.

Apparently, back whenever the WWE switched to TNN, he called and told USA that they would be doing their network "a great service" to pick up ECW. Heyman said that was because it was an independent company that brought itself up from no funding from a huge corporation or billionaire like Ted Turner.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Obviously TNA would want it because it makes them seem on equal footing with the big bad WWE. But the WWE isn't going to lower themselves, in their minds, so it'll never happen.

Yes, Dixie Carter and Stephanie McMahon met and were nice to each other but this just isn't going to happen. As much as I would love it too.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It would be so much fun but to echo the others I really don't see this happening. Competition is great, Dixie is right, but this isn't really fostering competition. If anything it's a strategy to expose TNA to a wider audience and try to get "bragging rights."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 15
BigBob Wrestling 4
W Wrestling 1
wooly Wrestling 1
sunrise Wrestling 10