WWE Superstars furious at Vickie treatment

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
WWE wrestlers are said to be furious with the way Vickie Guerrero was humiliated on Raw after announcing she wanted to quit the company.

Vickie, who was general manager of the Monday Night Show, recently gave notice in order to spend more time with her family.

In a bid to write her out, on last week's show, her on-screen husband Edge revealed their marriage was a sham.

But what caused the upset was the Canadian superstar calling Vickie a "she-beast" and a "fat pig" who he could never lower himself to sleep with.

All this took place while commentator Jerry Lawler squealed and made swine flu jokes.

The night before, on the Extreme Rules PPV, Vickie lost a Hog Pen match to Santina Marella - during which she was covered in slop.

Many in the company believe these incidents would never have happened if Vickie's real-life husband Eddie Guerrero, who died in 2005, had still been alive.

Noticeably, none of Edge's nasty comments have been replayed on TV since.

Influential journalist Dave Meltzer wrote in his Wrestling Observer Newsletter: "There were wrestlers pretty upset over the nature of the Vickie Guerrero send off.

"Apparently enough in the company were, or some sponsors were, because on Raw this week when they replayed the segment, they edited everything that could possibly be offensive out of the Monday segment.

"The reaction was that while Eddie arguably wouldn't have had a problem with the previous exploitation of his death - as he would have gone along with almost anything that would have provided for his family after he was gone - there is absolutely no way in hell he would have allowed his wife to be verbally abused in the manner she was, storyline or not."

Despite being a baddie on TV, many fans and critics were also upset over the manner of Vickie's departure.

SunSport's Rob McNichol reviewed the Raw show and said: "It was pathetic.

"Their opinion seemed to be that Vickie Guerrero does not conform to typical WWE Divas centrefold looks, so we must ridicule her.

"They should be ashamed of themselves."

The Sun is awaiting comment from the WWE on the claims.

I agree, it was pretty bad what they did to her before she left. They could of sent her on her way in way better terms if you ask me. I also totally agree, that they would of never done this if Eddie was still alive and well.

Marvelous1

Registered Member
Just another example of the bad taste that prevails at WWE! They cross the line of good taste far too often and it is so not necessary!

Yup, bad taste. I also heard another report that Rey Mysterio as really upset at the way they treated Vickie.

Sometimes they do things are over the line (throwing Zach Gowin (spelling?) down the stairs). Stuff like that is just disgusting and the writers need to grow up a bit.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I could imagine that Rey Mysterio is furious since he was so close to Eddie Guerrero. I am wondering what are the feelings of Chavo over this. I know that he knows this is a business, but he must be so mad towards the WWE on how they treated Vicky during the last few days.

Anthony1975

Registered Member
I can't stand the woman but the way she was sent off was downright fucking nasty, all because she had the audacity to tell them she wanted to spend more time with her kids.

HappyFace

Registered Member
Wasn't the send off to seal Edge as the number 1 heel in the company?

I don't understand why everyone is so upset over this. It's a business built up upon stage acts, they didn't do this to her because she asked for time off they always have to have some sort of send off for stars. When Vickie comes back the crowd will roar for her and she'll get back at edge, it's just that.

When Vince wanted time off he had his limo explode on tv, they just have these ridiculous send offs.

I understand that it's nasty but really, everyone is getting overworked by the whole thingd.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's different Happyface, they degrated her to the point where it was insulting. I know a lot of wrestlers have been through sort of stuff like this, but this one was over the cake, even Edge didn't want to say that type of stuff like that to Vickie but he had to.

Anthony1975

Registered Member
They had written her into a lot of storylines for the next few months so they got pissed they had to re-write things. They do this all the time when people want to leave, just look what they did with Brock Lesnar.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sure some of it was distasteful but I honestly didnt think it was that bad either. In fact, I laughed the entire time.

Edge had to come out and reveal to the world why he was married to Guerrero this whole time. To get ahead in the company and to make sure he was world champion the majority of the time. Maybe some of the comments were a little much and somewhat unncessary but something had to happen. They couldnt have Guerrero leave and not address the reason Edge was married to her. I'm sure Chavo and Mysterio were pissed, among others, but things happen.

Sometimes WWE tries to be overly dramatic and make too big of a point... I suppose they somewhat crossed that line here. But only somewhat.