WWE signs ROH Champ, Tyler Black

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Source: Rajah.com

I've honestly never seen Black wrestle before but I've gotta think he's legit if he's the ROH Champion.

According to multiple sources within World Wrestling Entertainment

, the company has signed reigning ROH World Champion Tyler Black to a contract.

It is believed that Black signed a developmental deal with WWE, but it has not been confirmed. He is expected to start with the company in September.

Black, who has been with Ring of Honor since 2007, has several title defenses scheduled next month. He will defend the ROH World Championship at the Glory by Honor Internet pay-per-view on Sept. 11 against Roderick Strong.

Black recently indicated on his Twitter account that he had some "decisions" to make, which sparked rumors that he would be joining WWE.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
If you remember, around the time Black was fighting for the ROH Title I was saying that he'd make a good addition to either company. I'm not sure how good he'll be, but I'm excited to see where this goes!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's a bit overrated in my book, he lacks charisma and he's nothing special in the ring.

But I'm still interested to see how he's going to do in a WWE ring.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
He is a little uneasy on the charisma side of things, but I think he's pretty damn entertaining as far as in-ring skills.

Will he be in FCW for a while, or do you think he'll be coming straight up to WWE programming?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's hard to say, for some reason I believe he'll be part of NXT and will slowly be inserted in one of the main rosters. I hope he gets a chance to shine though. Even though I'm not sold on him being a star in the WWE at this point, I do hope he has a chance to prove me wrong.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
This signing keeps me thinking of the Fallen Angel. Daniels is established, has a great persona and mic skills, and is awesome in the ring. He belongs somewhere; I wonder if Vince won't give him a look b/c of his size?

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I like your ideas of vignettes for him, KSF. But I definitely would think WWE would rather have him on NXT, or even as a part of FCW for a while before debuting.