• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE signs Bryan Danielson

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
RIP: Bryan Danielson's success

wooly

I am the woolrus
I can see Danielson being very successful in WWE, but it is impossible to tell. I mean, Colt Cabana is someone who you'd think is perfect for WWE and it just.... didn't happen.

Danielson does have some advantages though. Supposedly WWE are starting to realise they need to create new stars. Jericho has come out and said it, Michaels has come out and said it and even McMahon has been complaining about the lack of new stars being created. It's moved up the priority ladder, and it's very possible to do with shows like Smackdown and ECW.

Plus Danielson was trained by Shawn Michaels and William Regal. He's in with two people pretty high up on the WWE ladder and that always helps! (CM Punk was trained by Regal and Finlay, whereas Colt Cabana and Claudio Castagnoli weren't trained by anyone still with WWE. Maybe a coincidence but it definitely doesn't hurt to know people!)

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You got to have a bit of faith Atreyu, I know a lot of former stars from ROH haven't gotten a push, CM Punk really being the only one, but you never know with Danielson. He has the talent, so he might impress very fast and the WWE will decide to give him a good long push. Only time will tell though.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can see Danielson being very successful in WWE, but it is impossible to tell. I mean, Colt Cabana is someone who you'd think is perfect for WWE and it just.... didn't happen.

Danielson does have some advantages though. Supposedly WWE are starting to realise they need to create new stars. Jericho has come out and said it, Michaels has come out and said it and even McMahon has been complaining about the lack of new stars being created. It's moved up the priority ladder, and it's very possible to do with shows like Smackdown and ECW.

Plus Danielson was trained by Shawn Michaels and William Regal. He's in with two people pretty high up on the WWE ladder and that always helps! (CM Punk was trained by Regal and Finlay, whereas Colt Cabana and Claudio Castagnoli weren't trained by anyone still with WWE. Maybe a coincidence but it definitely doesn't hurt to know people!)
All of this is well said and you're right that it doesnt hurt when people high up the ladder trained you. I mean Lance Cade was getting pushed too until he fucked up his career.

If it doesnt work out for Danielson then he just goes back to ROH...or TNA...or something. His career doesnt die.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member

I didn't know he was trained by Michaels AND Regal...that's freakin' awesome! :-o

Anthony1975

Registered Member
He was also trained by Bobby Eaton, Tracy Smothers and Masato Tanaka.