• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE signs Bryan Danielson

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
There ya go Wooly...how's that work for ya? haha.

I wonder how they'll use him though....really and seriously.

Ring of Honor confirmed tonight that WWE has signed former ROH World champion Bryan Danielson to a contract.

ROH said on their website: "Bryan has been an exemplary talent and a wonderful member of the Ring of Honor locker room and family since the inception of the company. We couldn’t be happier for Bryan and all of his successes, many of which Ring of Honor has been proud to witness first hand."

Danielson was in Los Angeles this weekend where WWE held events throughout the weekend. He was also invited the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony in Houston prior to WrestleMania 25 in April.

Also while in Los Angeles this weekend, Danielson attended the stand-up comedy show by Colt Cabana and Mick Foley on Saturday night.

ROH just announced a few days ago that Danielson is scheduled to face Austin Aries for the ROH Title at an upcoming show in New York City. ROH said Danielson will be attending all of his scheduled ROH appearances in September before joining WWE.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Holy shit didn't see that one coming. I thought he was planning a career in MMA!

Just yesterday in fact i heard rumours that WWE were looking to sign 4 or 5 ROH stars, but i assumed there wasn't much behind them. Now i'm not so sure!

A bit disappointed as it's a huge loss for ROH but.... i'll wait and see how WWE will use him. It'll be interesting to say the least. I'm just hoping they do as good a job as they did with CM Punk.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I read that yesterday I was extremely surprised. Just like you guys I wonder how there going to use him. I also believe he should go to Smackdown or ECW because he would get buried on Raw.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope they use him like they used Punk. Stick him on ECW and let him thrive there and slowly elevate him.

WWE doesn't push the right people sometimes but they booked CM Punk perfectly his entire career. Give Danielson a chance to shine.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm happy for the guy...I've seen at least 3 or 4 of his ROH matches, and he's really entertaining. I hope he gets good use in the WWE.

Anthony1975

Registered Member
I fear for his career now because apart from Punk the WWE have a nasty habit of misusing talent like Danielson. Just look what they did with Colt Cabana as proof, and the way they use James Gibson ( Jamie Noble)

wooly

I am the woolrus
I still don't know how to feel about it really. It'll be great if they push him as well as they did Punk but like you mentioned that often isn't the case. Still, Danielson is someone who you could definitely say is a big name when talking about indy wrestlers, so hopefully they'll be more inclined to push him straight away than stars like Colt Cabana.

I just hope they don't slap some lame gimmick on him! I see Danielson as fitting into a Chris Benoit type role, if everything goes well!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It should be interesting that's for sure. Like it's been mentioned before the WWE can ruin his career like they did with Noble and a few others. But I have faith that the WWE will push this guy and he'll do wonders in the WWE. I think it would be awesome if he feuded with someone like Morrison or Ziggler.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
They need to just call him the American Dragon, Brian Danielson...why mess with success? Unless, of course, ROH has copyrights (which I dont think they do but what do I know)

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
They need to just call him the American Dragon, Brian Danielson...why mess with success? Unless, of course, ROH has copyrights (which I dont think they do but what do I know)
I agree.

I wonder if we'll be hearing the "You're gonna get your F***in Head Kicked in!!!" Chants. :)