• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE Rookie of the Year, 2010

Who was the 2010 rookie of the year?

• Alex Riley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alberto Del Rio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
2009 Winner: Sheamus/Dolph Ziggler tied

I think this is one of the harder ones to decide given the awesome talent we have on this poll. I really think it could go 2 or 3 ways and you could make a nice case for them all. Keep in mind we're talking as WWE Rookies...obviously three of these guys have been wrestling for quite a while.

Daniel Bryan: Record is 19-19-1. Has 2 title defenses and won 5 times on PPV's. He is the current United States champion. His record is actually unbelievable considering he was what, 1-10 on NXT? Since he was fired and came back he's been so good. He's rarely lost and won 5 PPV matches were is ridiculous since he wasn't around most of the year.

Alex Riley: Record is 8-10-1. Hasn't won a title or a match on PPV but has done a very nice job with the Miz this year on both RAW and NXT. He's a tremendous talker and isn't half bad in the ring either. I think his current role is perfect for him as he grows.

Wade Barrett: Record is 21-15-1. He didn't win any championships but did win 2 times on PPV. He won NXT, Season 1. He was the leader of the Nexus for half of the year and was in a huge storyline with John Cena. Pretty impressive first year. Not too many people get a storyline with biggest star in the company right off the bat like that.

Alberto Del Rio: Record is 13-9-2. He won one time on PPV and didn't win any championships. Probably not the around long enough or did enough to win this year but look out for him in 2011.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Incredible rookies on this list. I really want to go with Del Rio, but I have to give it to Daniel Bryan, no one has put on better matches then him. He's not the greatest talker, but he makes it up with his wrestling abilities. Fans, especially Indy fans were getting so mad at the WWE for his record on NXT, and the internet nearly exploded when the word came out that he got fired. But when he came back he really started to get a great push, finally won gold and has carried it really well. I'm looking forward to what Bryan as to offer in 2011, I'm sure he's going to put on a great show for the fans.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've gone back and forth on who I wanted to vote for, for this poll and I've finally made a decision.

I am going with Wade Barrett...

If Daniel Bryan wins I wouldn't be shocked or upset but I just think Barrett being in the huge Cena/Nexus feud put him over the top. He's a solid wrestler, awesome on the mic and had a bigger impact on the WWE this year.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Yeah, Barrett's the one who stands out from the crowd. Riley's doing great, as you mentioned, and Bryan and Del Rio would no doubt get their votes in a wider poll. But come on, how often do you see somebody walk out on the WWE stage for the first time, ready and able to carry the Company on his shoulders if he has to? I can't think of one other example!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I went with Daniel Bryan. It was such a crazy year for him, and despite losing the chance to be a part of The Nexus, fans (and a little locker room support) worked in his favor and he came back stronger than ever...now he's been making the U.S. Title look great, and adding a much-needed technical wrestling specialty to the WWE.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The more and more I think about this one the more and more I think Barrett is the only true answer.

A main event push is different from a mid-card push. Bryan was great, sure, and he's a great worker and won the US title. But its not a main event push when you first are debuting on TV like what Barrett got. I'm a bigger fan of Bryan than I am of Barrett overall but I think this show Barrett was better based off where they put him.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It's a great point, mang, and I was torn between the two. I think what set Bryan with me was that he came up to where he's at after so much adversity and Vince McMahon B.S. Wade Barrett deserves the spot he's been given, but it's been given to him. Bryan's spot was given only after his fan following and the respect of his peers helped Vinnie Mac to see the light.
------
Plus, he's actually won a title.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Barrett is also a solid choice, but when you think of Matches of the Year, Bryan is easily in two of them, Barrett not one of them. The push that Barrett got was outstanding and he carried the torch well as the leader of Nexus. I believe Bryan takes the edge because of the quality of his matches, just imagine if he never got fired in the first place.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The more and more I think about this one the more and more I think Barrett is the only true answer.

A main event push is different from a mid-card push. Bryan was great, sure, and he's a great worker and won the US title. But its not a main event push when you first are debuting on TV like what Barrett got. I'm a bigger fan of Bryan than I am of Barrett overall but I think this show Barrett was better based off where they put him.
I voted for Barrett for that reason. Thank you for explaining it for me.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Wade Barret.

This was a hard one because three of my favorite guys Bryan, Barrett and Del Rio were on the ballot. I chose Wade Barrett, because him and Nexus were the "freshest" thing to happen in the WWE in a while. Plus, I enjoyed Cena getting a beating here and there, so yeah.