• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE reportedly signs Jushin “Thunder” Liger to a contract

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-reportedly-signs-jushin-thunder-liger-to-a-contract/

If this is true, then it's pretty cool. Liger held his own, and didn't look like he lost a step during his match against Breeze at TakeOver.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the main roster. And, we all know he would sell a ton of merchandise which would only benefit the WWE.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
That is great. He can still go so it will be nice to see him wrestle more. A HOF induction should happen next year or in the next 3 for sure.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Great move - like I said about the Dudleys, have some veteran talent to enhance the youth is always a good idea. Yes, the WWE has Big Show and others, but Liger brings a different POV and style for the younger roster members and an extra reason for Japanese (and Global) fans to tune in.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I like that his deal is similar to the one Samoa Joe signed earlier this year as Liger will probably be able to work a couple more New Japan dates and perhaps some American dates too. My understanding is that his WWE contract wouldn't be as restrictive as it is with New Japan in terms of freelancing but still, that's a pretty cool piece of news. Assuming that Johnny Gargano & Tomasso Ciampa are under the same deals, it could become a very attractive trend for top indy talents while they're working NXT.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It seems that NXT is becoming MLS with former Major stars from Europe. They love the idea of going there since it's good money and the product is becoming better and better.