WWE Raw and TNA Impact Ratings

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

411mania.com: Wrestling - WWE Raw and TNA Impact Ratings

I am not surprised the see the results here, and I believe it's going to be even worse next week when Stone Cold will be hosting Monday Night Raw.

2. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

It will be tough for a taped show to go against an Austin return along with a Bret/Vince contract signing and 3 WrestleMania rematches. Good logic by TNA to pick WrestleMania season to go against WWE.

Both RAW and Impact's numbers were down this week, with WWE losing more viewers than TNA, but because WWE pulls in so many more viewers overall, it looks MUCH worse for TNA to lose a 0.1 than is does for WWE to lose a 0.3

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Probably not the number TNA officials were looking to get...1.0 isn't very good.

What did they get in January? LIke 1.3? Not a good sign but its early!

4. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Yeah I'm not surprised they were low, but TNA is building a Monday spot. There's no way that their ratings are going to go higher overnight. Give it time, and maybe they'll provide somwhat of a rival for WWE. If not, it's still a great wrestling show and gives us options!

5. Babe_Ruth

The thing that I find extremely stupid on the part of TNA is the timing, why would they try to moveo n Monday nights when Wrestlemania is just around the corner and you know that the WWE are going to be pushing it hard.

Just look at next weeks show, it's stacked and it's probably going to murder in ratings in my opinion.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

You heard what the Honky Tonk Man said, didn't ya? That McMahon sent Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair over to TNA to kill them from the inside. I mean why else would they move to Mondays so soon?

Jokes aside (or is it) I did think it was stupid timing as well. I'd wait. After Mania HBK and Taker will be gone anyways...who knows where the ratings will be.

7. Babe_Ruth

I didn't hear that from Honky, but me and my friend were talking about that same scenario a month or so ago. I don't think it's true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came a reality.

The WWE will definitely need to create some good storylines after Mania, because like you said Taker and Michaels will be gone for a while, especially HBK, probably a year or so.

8. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

TNA pulled a shiity number, Hogan and Flair arent draws anymore, BUT when you are averaging a 1.1 unopposed and still pull a 1.0 when you are going up against the machine on 'their' night, thats not too bad, but yeah, TNA need to get themselves upto a 1.5 average over the next year and that wont happen with Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair.

Hardy and RVD need the big push on top and Hogan vs Sting needs to be the side attraction in the midcard etc.

I think TNA have a great foundation to do bigger and better things but they need to have their priorities in order and realize that Hogan isnt a future TNA champion or main eventer.

9. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

That is a crap number for TNA, but not as bad as everyone thought it would be in my opinion.

Hogan and Flair barely did anything to scratch the surface or garner as many ratings.

They need to push hardy and RVD to the top....

10. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Now THIS is interesting:

"Between both broadcasts, TNA scored a combined rating of 1.95 and 2,664,000 viewers." Spike is gonna love that! Maybe we'll see a ratings rise for Monday's once they stop showing replays on Thursday.

I think this still shows though that the TNA fanbase is more used to Thursdays and maybe they should have gone live but kept to Thursdays for now. Until the product had grown and was ready to make a dent in WWE ratings.