• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE(R) Invites Glenn Beck to Get Raw

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
You do realize that Glenn resigned from Fox News (where his show was televised every day, and make no mistake he resigned.)

I guess I'm just a little confused. Do you guys hate Glenn or do you just want to see this for the entertainment value?
That's hilarious. A guy who jumps around in tights because he's too dumb to do anything for a living is challenging someone to a debate. Oh the irony. Pure hilarity.
:lol: That's the point of all of this, getting mainstream attention from people that might not normally look twice at wrestling. They want people talking, and it's working.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Oh yeah I'm so sure suddenly a bunch of Glenn Beck fans who've never watched wrestling before will now suddenly tune in.

BigBob

Registered Member
That's hilarious. A guy who jumps around in tights because he's too dumb to do anything for a living is challenging someone to a debate. Oh the irony. Pure hilarity.
That's hilarious. The assumption that wrestlers are just a bunch of guys that jump around in tights because they're too dumb to do anything else for a living. Oh, the irony.

And it's pretty naive to think that no Glenn Beck fans would tune in to see what he'd say.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
That's hilarious. The assumption that wrestlers are just a bunch of guys that jump around in tights because they're too dumb to do anything else for a living. Oh, the irony.

And it's pretty naive to think that no Glenn Beck fans would tune in to see what he'd say.
I think it's a pretty fair assumption based on listening to most of them of them speak and how many of their lives end up. What's even funnier is the assumption any of them are capable of debate.

And really? You REALLY think Glenn Beck fans are going to tune in now? I have a bridge I want to sell you.

BigBob

Registered Member
Based on how most of them speak? You mean.. uh... their characters?

Oh, no politician has ever been addicted to drugs? Ruined their marriages? Spent all their money and needed help to get back on their feet?

Let the Harvard Law Graduate whose dream was to be a professional wrestler debate him then. Oh, Harvard Law Grads wouldn't be wrestlers? Why? Because all wrestlers are too stupid to anything else but wrestle?

This discussion is over with, because you have showed that you clearly know nothing about the business, or about those who wrestle in the business.

dDave

V.I.P.
Based on how most of them speak? You mean.. uh... their characters?

Oh, no politician has ever been addicted to drugs? Ruined their marriages? Spent all their money and needed help to get back on their feet?

Let the Harvard Law Graduate whose dream was to be a professional wrestler debate him then. Oh, Harvard Law Grads wouldn't be wrestlers? Why? Because all wrestlers are too stupid to anything else but wrestle?

This discussion is over with, because you have showed that you clearly know nothing about the business, or about those who wrestle in the business.
:candle: Uh. Most politicians can't debate (though they'd like to think they can) and I think we all agree that many of them are generally bad people.

BigBob

Registered Member
:candle: Uh. Most politicians can't debate (though they'd like to think they can) and I think we all agree that many of them are generally bad people.
I was more generalizing anyone that has anything to do with politics. I know I said politicians, but I meant political commentators (Fox, CBS, MSNBC, CNN etc) as well.

Before we get too off-topic, though.. We can obviously agree that politicians are generally bad people.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
That's funny. I generalize about wrestlers and that shows I know nothing about the business. YOU generalize about politicians and somehow it's an accurate assumption.

You're right though. Obviously the vast majority of them say to themselves "hmm, should I go to medical school or should I participate in a fake wrestling match, beating up my body so much I become addicted to OxyContin and other pain killers, go on the road traveling from town to town most of the year like a carnie. What a tough decision I have to make". I'm sure they all face that tough decision.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am actually disappointed in your responses, CO. I expected better but I guess your opinion is your opinion.

Point is this, the WWE is trying to capitalize on these new characters and garner mainstream publicity and they've done that. This is all they want, people talking. The WWE isn't a million dollar business for nothing, they market their product well.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
And I'm disappointed in the hate shown towards certain people because of their political beliefs Millz but as you said, your opinion is your opinion.