• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PPV WWE PPV Pickem's Game 2012

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Previous winners...

2009: Millz
2010: Babe_Ruth
2011: Generalblue

EDIT...click to view the official 2012 rules...

If you correctly predict someone to win a title you get 2 points instead of the standard 1 point
If you correctly pick the Royal Rumble winner you get 5 points
If you pick an entire PPV correctly you get an additional 2 points added on
If you pick the person who gets the pinfall in a tag match you get an extra point
If you pick the person who takes the pinfall in a tag match you get an extra point
If you pick the person who wins MITB you win 3 points
If you pick the person who wins the Elimination Chamber you win 2 points

I wanted to get this thread started immediately because I want to discuss some possible changes to the format this year with more points being possible to earn.

First thing is I think if you predict someone will WIN a Championship that should be worth 2 points. I think predicting the Royal Rumble winner should be worth more as well. Maybe 5 points.

I also think that for tag team matches you should be able to earn extra points if you can predict who gets the pinfall and who takes the pinfall.

Any other ideas?

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Have those sorts of things be bonus points (like you said), not set values so it's none or all.

I will win this one. I really should... hahaha.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
These would definitely not be all or nothing.

Like if you pick the correct team that's a point but picking who gets the pinfall or who takes it are extras. So you could get 3 points or 2 or 1.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I like the format the way it is. The only way I can see getting bonus points is if you correctly name the time and event for when the MiTB winner cashes in.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really like the ideas you've thrown out, Millz. Especially the one about tag team matches. I think it's fairly boring to get one point for every correct answer, it would be more competitive in my opinion if we had bonuses for certain categories.

Also, blue, I think it's way to hard to guess when the wrestler will cash in the Money in the Bank. Also, it doesn't always happen at PPV's.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah guessing when someone will cash in MITB just isn't going to work I don't think. I mean, where do you post it? Also, it might not happen on a PPV there in which it shouldn't count since we're only predicting PPV outcomes.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Yeah guessing when someone will cash in MITB just isn't going to work I don't think. I mean, where do you post it? Also, it might not happen on a PPV there in which it shouldn't count since we're only predicting PPV outcomes.
I agree. It doesn't make any sense to predict this... always happens completely out of the blue.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I like the idea of the bonuses! It makes certain matches much more important for you, kind of like your captain getting a goal in fantasy football or something. May aswell give it a try anyway, as it's not like it's unfair on particular players or anything! It's still a level playing field.

Hopefully i'll be active enough in 2012 to join in the pickems game! I was sort of on/off throughout 2011, as i tend to be, but hoping i can manage the whole year this year!That's also assuming that WWE manages to consistently hold my attention for all of 2012, which is unlikely! Especially as i'm already struggling to keep up my interest with WWE at the moment :p

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely hope WWE gets your attention too, Wooly!

Any other feedback?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I definitely like the ideas for the changes you've mentioned, Millz. We have our usual group of participants but it may increase that group size, and spice things up for those of us that regularly guess. My favorite is the Rumble Winner, because that's often the toughest pick of the year.