• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies WWE people in films

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I know of the wrestling 'superstars' although I do not follow the sport entertainment thing. I do know of certain people from this televised activity branching into films.

Unfortunately it seems that wrestlers cannot act for toffee...

The closest piece of acting success was from Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, in Welcome to the Jungle, and that still wasn't 'all that'.
Other features, featuring these guys that I reckon to be sub-standard include:

The Expendables - It was shit.
The Condemned - A rip off of Battle Royale, with shitter acting, and a bloody awful plot, if that's what it was.
The Scorpion King - Boring garbage.

What do you think of wrestlers being actors?

Personally, I only see a vehicle to showcase the 'might' of these big people. The actual concept of a film, with a story, and intrigue seems to go out fo the window.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you expect to have a great storyline or great acting in movies from former or current WWE superstars then you'll be greatly disappointed. You have to take it for what it is and just for entertainment. You can't have high expectations when watching a Stone Cold or John Cena movie.

I personally have liked a lot of movies from former/current WWE superstars, but that's because I love those type of movies.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Welcome to the Jungle? I've never heard of it.

Although, I thought the Rundown was an excellent flick for what it was, solid action and entertainment.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Welcome to the Jungle? I've never heard of it.

Although, I thought the Rundown was an excellent flick for what it was, solid action and entertainment.
I think Welcome to the Jungle was an alternative name for the Rundown in the UK.

All the same though, I thought the Rundown was pretty funny. Another one was See No Evil starring Kane. I like horror movies, so that's probably why I enjoyed it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It depends on the movie itself. I haven't seen all of them, so I'm not the most accurate judge of this...but Rock in The Scorpion King was pretty entertaining to me, and a couple of his other movies were fun to watch. He has a serious one out right now (can't think of the name) that looks intriguing, as well.

They're fun in cameo roles, such as Kevin Nash being in The Punisher. Sometimes they can fill a niche roll and not overtake the movie, I typically prefer that.

Konshentz

Konshentz
The Expendables wasn't shit. If you were expecting more than what you got from it, then that was your fault. It delivered exactly what it was supposed to.

I can handle Stone Cold in movies because he plays pretty much the same character I've seen him play for the past dozen or so years. I enjoy that character, so I usually enjoy his movies. Although I am realistic and don't expect masterpieces.

Cena's acting is bad. It almost hurts to watch movies like 12 Rounds & The Marine. He sounds like he is reading his lines right off the page... very wooden.

The Rock is the best actor out of the bunch. I actually enjoyed The Rundown, Walking Tall wasn't too bad and I might be the only one on earth that enjoyed Doom. :lol:

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
The Expendables wasn't shit. If you were expecting more than what you got from it, then that was your fault. It delivered exactly what it was supposed to.

I can handle Stone Cold in movies because he plays pretty much the same character I've seen him play for the past dozen or so years. I enjoy that character, so I usually enjoy his movies. Although I am realistic and don't expect masterpieces.

Cena's acting is bad. It almost hurts to watch movies like 12 Rounds & The Marine. He sounds like he is reading his lines right off the page... very wooden.

The Rock is the best actor out of the bunch. I actually enjoyed The Rundown, Walking Tall wasn't too bad and I might be the only one on earth that enjoyed Doom. :lol:
I don't expect a masterpiece in this line of films, but I do have expectations. The films I've seen with wrestlers in them just don't seem to meet any of them. I mean, if an action film is done well then regardless of the usually flimsy plot, it'll be pretty enjoyable. I couldn't assign enjoyment to any of these that I've seen, and the acting from the wrestlers seems to hamper it further... And you're probably right about Doom. Ha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you don't like them why do you still watch them? Just saying.

I agree that The Rock as a couple of good movies, like Kons I enjoyed Walking Tall and The Rundown, both were really entertaining. Game Plan wasn't all that bad either. But unlike Kons I've enjoyed films from John Cena, but I've always been a fan of "corny" movies like his films. I haven't seen his recent one, but I do plan to see it soon.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
If you don't like them why do you still watch them? Just saying.

I agree that The Rock as a couple of good movies, like Kons I enjoyed Walking Tall and The Rundown, both were really entertaining. Game Plan wasn't all that bad either. But unlike Kons I've enjoyed films from John Cena, but I've always been a fan of "corny" movies like his films. I haven't seen his recent one, but I do plan to see it soon.
I will generally give an action film a first watch, just to see if it's any good. I've not re-watched any of these films... except Welcome to the Jungle (Rundown)... I will say that the Rundown wasn't that bad, although it was still pretty mediocre or at least nothing special... and to be honest I think 'The Rock's' supporting cast carried it through. ---

I mean, I love corny action. but most of these films don't cut the mustard. I mean, I can compare it to a bunch of other 'corny' action films - things like err... The running man, hard target, even something like speed or broken arrow would probably qualify in this line... and yet compare these to them and a weight of difference is felt. I'm not sure if it is entirely the wrestling actors fault, but they stand out to me as a major flaw in the films mentioned.

Nonetheless, maybe I'm just being picky, and I guess it's all a question of preference and taste. I just felt like making my point, also kinda liked the idea of the wrestling followers jumping in and defending these films... I knew it would happen lol...

Impact

V.I.P.
I really have no opinion on wrestlers in movies, but The Expendables...shit? No sir. That movie was exactly as it should be, and the wrestlers who had parts in it played the parts they were meant to. The not so bright, muscle.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Wrestling 2
HabsMike25 Wrestling 2
HabsMike25 Wrestling 15
viLky Wrestling 14
Omega Wrestling 1