• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE partners with 2K games

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
WWE.com: 2K and WWE announce exclusive multi-year agreement for WWE video game series

2K and WWE today announced that they have entered into an exclusive multi-year agreement granting 2K the exclusive worldwide rights to publish the critically acclaimed WWE video game franchise across all major platforms and distribution channels. The series, which will continue to be developed by Yukes in Japan, will combine the studio’s signature gameplay with 2K’s commitment to authenticity in WWE ’14, the latest iteration of the popular, long-running series. With the addition of the WWE franchise, 2K will continue a highly successful, 15-year tradition established by past WWE titles. Financial terms were not disclosed.
As discussed in Bob's thread, THQ going under means changes for WWE games. These are games that I buy every Fall, so I was curious about the direction. It looks like 2K has become the WWE's new company, but that Yukes will continue work on WWE games. As noted in the article, WWE '14 will still come out as planned.

They mentioned the sports gaming company's commitment to authenticity, and if that improves over time I'd be stoked.

Thoughts?

BigBob

Registered Member
I was pretty sure we already had a discussion about this a week and a half ago, haha.

2K makes the most realistic sports games there is, whether it's the NBA 2K series, or what is
still considered the best NFL game that has been made to date, NFL 2K5.

We won't see many major changes this year, and no one should expect that. They're bringing Yukes back in because Yukes and THQ were already working on WWE 14, and 2K knows that they don't have enough time to make a brand new engine that is as close to bug free as possible by the end of October.

We will IMO, however, see major changes by WWE 2K16.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Never been a fan of 2k games so I'm not really thrilled about this. That said, I'm willing to give them a chance. Lots of people have the same thoughts as bob just posted so this might be a good move for the WWE.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I know it was Bob but within a THQ thread, right? I think it merited its own discussion outside of the game company talks...specifically for WWE. I love double double e. :lol:

Your projections make sense...the old formula was nice but I'm ready for a change. I think that this year's game was really good, and I know I'm in the GF minority with that...I'm sure WWE would be scared to leave their successful style, but it's getting a little old. It's been old haha.

BigBob

Registered Member
They just need to remake Here Comes The Pain with the customization we have today.. as well as bringing back the ability to actually create a belt, not just edit the crappy ones they put in for us.

I just want GM Mode back.

I hate the WWE Universe Mode.