WWE needs another "boyhood dream"

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
It wouldn't be hard. Just build him up properly and always mention that he's never won a World title before. He could go the HBK route, or the Hardy route of coming so close each time. I think it would create some fresh feuds, and definitely spark a lot of interest in the wrestler and the respective show.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I disagree, CB. Almost every single wrestler these days (at least it seems) gets the "He/they grew up watching the WWE" and "It's always been their dream" treatment by announcers.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
It could work well with a younger guy that coule be a staple in the main event in years to come. They need to build someone in a way that they can have that "moment" again. I mean, Cena winning the title again, or Orton gaining the title, or Undertaker/Triple H/Edge/Jericho etc it just doesn't have the same feel it's basically just like 'another title reign' It's not special anymore. So in some respects, when the title changes on PPV, you just kind of shrug. Jeff Hardy was the last great one I remember, because it was the sense of him finally reaching the top and in that sense it was something to celebrate.

I have a feeling that's the direction they're going with Daniel Bryan with all the losses he's mounting up and his decade-plus career on the indy circuit that constantly gets brought up on NXT. Not only that, but he really acts like a "kid" on the show and was trained by Shawn Michaels. It would make perfect sense for WWE to take that route with him.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
In that sense yeah it would be nice actually. And to further comment on what you're saying about titles changing hands, yeah you're absolutely right about that, it doesn't feel as special does it?

I mean there's obviously still a lot of credibility, but as time goes on people do tend to shrug off the next champ, because like you said it is just another title reign.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm pretty sure they just did something somewhat similar with Jeff Hardy when he finally won the WWE/World Title back in 2008 or whatever.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Yeah I think Chris has brought that up, I felt damn happy when Jeff Hardy won the title in Armageddon...was it? That was probably the last time I was actually happy when I saw the titles change at that time.