• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE Most Improved performer, 2009

Most improved in 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Man, this was a struggle. The Miz won last year we can't include him again. It was hard to find three people but here's what I came up with anyways....

Kofi Kingston: Completely changed his persona and went from a midcarder to a main eventer really quickly

Cody Rhodes: Does anybody remember when he was with Holly? He was terrible. He's much better now days with his mic work especially.

Michelle McCool: Dating Undertaker or not she's really improved alot IMO. I used to hate her; I no longer do. That says soemthing.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I'm glad to see Cody Runnels on this list. He really has come a long way from when the only thing that interested me about him was how blushing red his cheeks would be as he made his entrance. My sense is that he's overcome a lot of obstacles to make his family proud. I have no problem voting him Most Improved.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cody as made great strides I must admit, it really helped him when he joined Legacy.

But my vote goes to Kingston, even though he didn't really make that much of an impact earlier this season, when he made that transition and lost the accent he was huge, he was beating Orton all the time which is incredible in my book. So he gets my vote in this poll.

I think Maryse could of been added as well, I think she improved a lot.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
As good as the others have done, I would have to say that Kofi has improved the most, considering his recent push, and how good he delivered that promo when he destroyed Ortons car.

His in ring abilities have gotten a lot better too. I just love his finisher, one of the most epic kicks ever!

Tucker

Lion Rampant
If you ask me, Kofi was great already when 2009 began. What changed (after Al Sharpton's criticism of WWE, coincidentally) was his gimmick and his place on the ladder.

Cody, on the other hand, was hardly TV-ready when he was signed and his growth with the company has occurred (pardon the expression) under the microscope for all to see. That's pressure!

Cody>Kofi? Not by a long shot. But I take a look back at where they were a year ago and see a lot of improvement in the kid.

Shooting_Palanx

Cody has improved no doubt about that, I just felt given Kofis status in the beginning of 2009, he wasn't as much of superstar in terms of impact, and all of a sudden this push gives him everything that he needs to improve.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I voted Rhodes as well for the reasons Tucker mentioned. Kingston was a huge name and was winning championships already when the year started.

Remember Rhodes with Softcore Sally? He was really bad. He's turned it around 180 degreees.

Shooting_Palanx

I remember lol....although it was an improvement, it wasn't a HUGE improvement.

Kofi getting pushed to the mainevent status and feuding with Orton was a much better improvement, in that respect.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wonder why this poll closed so much earlier then the others...huh...

I guess that makes Cody Rhodes the most improved wrestler in 2009 in the WWE.