• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PPV WWE Money in the Bank Thread

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
*results from Capitol Punishment discussed below, turn back now if you still plan on watching*

The next PPV comes with a lot of implications, a title shot at any time for the winner of the MitB briefcase...we'll be seeing qualifying matches soon, so I thought I'd go ahead and start the discussion right away!

Any early predictions as to who will win the Raw and SD MitB briefcases? Guesses on participants?
------
Also of note, JR just tweeted:
"Cena wins....is Del Rio next?"
(Spoiler from Capitol Punishment)

I know we've talked about Del Rio being number one contender at Summerslam, and we've also mentioned CM Punk stepping up to the plate soon. Personally, I'd rather have Punk at SS. Either way, we've got a couple of months of solid competition for the WWE Champ.

A fan followed up, apparently MitB is in Chicago? I think that would be a strong indicator of CM Punk now and Del Rio later.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Spoilers underneath

I hope CM Punk gets the opportunity, and with the big from Punk last night, I think that brings him closer to Cena. I wouldn't be surprised if Barrett won one of the briefcases, especially since he lost the IC title to Big Zeke last night. Other than that I have gotten the slightest idea who might win the briefcases. Riley? Who knows!!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Well this is related to the Raw Results, but the first match has been announced:

-CM Punk vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship. If Punk wins, his contract is up the next day and he's taking the title with him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Spoilers from Raw:

Well, you were right about Punk being named the number one contender. This current storyline is quite interesting and the WWE have a chance to make it work since there's still three or so weeks left before this upcoming Pay View. Like I mentioned in the other thread, I believe this is his a work by Punk, but it's still intereting and I might be totally way off.

Ziggy

Sup?
Pertaining to RAW:

I doubt it would be a proper shoot as there is no way Vince would ever let something like this happen.

I still cringe every time I see the Money in the Bank name, it's a great match and everything but naming a whole PPV after it is stupid.

But...

With Punk in the main event it should be a great night.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I still cringe every time I see the Money in the Bank name, it's a great match and everything but naming a whole PPV after it is stupid.
I respectfully have to disagree, Zig. If WWE is going to keep doing themed PPVs with a featured style of match, Money in the Bank is one of the best names because it could be a PPV name anyway. Elimination Chamber? Not so much (even though that's my favorite match, lol).

Anyway, I had asked in the OP if anyone had early guesses as to the winners of each show's MitB ladder match. It would be cool if we could do those now, because we're not sure of the participants at this point. Any guesses? I'm still thinking on mine, but I'll post them today. It's actually a kind of tough field, looking at both rosters. No obvious choices at this point.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Maybe Kofi Kingston is finally going to get his chance? He lost the title to Ziggler, maybe that's a sign that he'll get a main event push? I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up winning one of the briefcases. Another name I would like to throw out there is Cody Rhodes. He's been on a real tear as of late and I think the WWE have a lot of faith in him.

Personally, I would love if Daniel Bryan won the Smackdown briefcase, but I honestly doubt that would happen. I hope he's in the match at least.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Cody Rhodes is my pick for the SD briefcase.

Kofi would be a good pick for Raw...Raw is tough in feeling secure with a pick. I wouldn't mind seeing Drew, who's been on Superstars, coming out of nowhere for a win. It's possible they could give it (again) to an overconfident Jack Swagger, who would end up being the first to lose a cash-in.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

These will be the members of the Smackdown match. I don't know why Heath Slater in this match, but overall I'm pretty happy with the wrestlers that have been selected.

I really hope Bryan wins, but I doubt that's going to happen. I have a feeling Barrett or Sheamus is going to win, and Rhodes with a small outside chance.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
No pic had shown up, Biz, but I'm just going to list the competitors for both shows' MitB matches since they were announced this week:

RAW
- Alberto Del Rio, R-Truth, Jack Swagger, The Miz, Evan Bourne, Rey Mysterio, Alex Riley, Kofi Kingston

SmackDown - Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, Kane, Health Slater, Justin Gabriel, Sin Cara