• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE Hall of Famer and Pro Wrestling Legend Nick Bockwinkel Reportedly Dead at the Age of 80

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I learned about it this morning. People who didn't watch much AWA stuff cannot comprehend how great he was in the ring and on the mic. Nick Bockwinkel didn't need to raise his voice in a promo to make you understand what he had to convey to the audience at home. His pairing with Bobby Heenan was brilliant, to say the least. Wrestling lost one of its best this weekend.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Terrific wrestler who could get heat just by speaking in large words. When Jericho was wearing suits and using big words a few years ago, I would always smile because he was paying tribute to Bockwinkle.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
One of the most underrated wrestlers of all time IMO. Heard a lot of talks that WWF wanted to give Bockwinkel the keys to the Million Dollar Man gimmick, but was too old for the part. RIP

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Wow, interesting. Didn't know that the Million Dollar Man gimmick was intended for Bockwinkel at first!

Rapier

V.I.P.
? Never heard of him.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
If you're unaware of the existence of the AWA (American Wrestling Association) during the 50s to the early 90s, you probably didn't know who was Nick Bockwinkel.

Rapier

V.I.P.
Thanks. I was an East Coast fan since Don Eagle on Thursday Night Wrestling on TV last century.