WWE: Hall of Fame 2009 inductions

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is the official thread about the 2009 Hall of Fame inductions.

We can talk about the wrestlers that are being inducted and sorts, when someone new is announced we post it here.

Stone Cold as already been announced, I think the WWE didn't want to announce it that early, but someone put a picture of it on the front page of their website.

I also heard that Ricky Steamboat is getting inducted this year? Is that true?

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Bill Watts is in and Steamboat should be announced here shortly. This is an awesome list so far with Austin and Steamboat. Be interested to see who else gets in.

The Rock and Ted DiBiase Sr seem like sure bets but probably not until 2010.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Yeah i heard Ricky Steamboat is getting inducted by Ric Flair. So if that's true then Austin's request has obviously been denied.

Rumour going round that Bret Hart might actually do the honour of inducting Austin. Probably not much basis behind it though.

4. Millz

Hart inducting Austin would be awesome...either him or Vince McMahon. They both played huge roles in his career.

5. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Another big name being inducted this year, and a very very deserving name: Terry Funk!

I think there's only one person who should induct him, and that should be Mick Foley.

6. Millz

Well Unfortunately for Foley he'll be unable to induct the Funkster since he's employed by TNA. That my friends, sucks.

7. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Ah shitballs, that completely slipped my mind. For some reason it just won't seem right anyone else doing it! :-/

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Terry Funk really deserves it, and he probably wants Foley to induct him, and Foley probably wants to be the one to do it because he's his idol. Should be interesting to see who inducts him.

9. Millz

Foley should quit TNA so that they can do this haha...otherwise I guess Tommy Dreamer could do it. Or RVD or someone like that.

10. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Yeah, i'm sure it'll be somebody who had a history with ECW either way. I wouldn't mind seeing Dreamer or RVD do it.

Though i'd much rather see Foley quit TNA to do it :p
    ------
    As for the other additions into the Hall of Fame so far

I don't personally remember the Von Erich family, but i have heard the name thrown around a lot as a legendary wrestling family. And again i've only heard the name Bill Watts thrown around as being a hugely influential booker/promoter.

It does seem like a pretty elite list this year though.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009