• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE Diva of the year, 2010

Who was the diva of the year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
2009 Winner: Mickie James

Like tag team wrestling I don't believe the WWE knows how to properly book them. It was a down year overall IMO in the quality of diva matches. Regardless, let's vote. Choices are below. I ended up taking out Eve and the Bella's because it was pointless to have them on there.

Michelle McCool: Record was 24-22. Had 4 successful title defenses and won 3 times on PPV. Won the Diva's title and Woman's title.

Natalya: Record was 18-4-1. Won 4 times on PPV and is the current Diva's Champion.

Layla: Record was 22-23. Had 3 title defenses and won 4 times on PPV. Won the women's title one time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't give it to McTaker because I don't think she really earned it, Layla was much improved this year but I don't believe she deserves it. My vote goes to Natalya who is finally getting a chance to showcase her skills. Natalya is one of the best female wrestlers in the business and it was about time the WWE put the Divas Championship on her. She has shown that she can put on a show for the fans, and that she's extremely talented.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought Laycool were really good this year and both improved tremendously and have done a great job in their new annoying heel roles.

With that said I went with Natalya. She's the better wrestler and had the better year overall.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
If Beth and/or Melina were in the poll, I'd be voting for one of them. Most of the time, when a Diva's theme hits, I'm like, "Oh, God, here we go. Let's get done and back to the action." Not so, with those two. But you don't have to remind me that they were both long-termers on DL.

Within the given choices, Nattie is unquestionably earning her keep. She's no slouch on the canvas or with the stick. But her character has kind of plateaued without much depth to it at all, and I'm a bit disappointed. If they rectify that in 2011, she may get my vote then.

Layla... Layla. Such a cutie! A television natural. But not... really... a wrestler. Not in my mind, not yet. Sorry.

That leaves blissful newlywed and PWI's golden girl McCool alone at the top. Does she deserve to be called the best of the best for 2010? Depending on how highly you value a worker who looks like a stick figure and always hits her marks, I think a fair case can be made.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think you can make an argument that Beth Phoenix is better than Natalya, but when you compare her to Melina I don't even think it's even a contest.

Don't get me wrong, Melina is one of the best divas in the business and she improved dramatically before my own eyes, but Natalya blows her out of the water when it comes to actual wrestling. I always seem to see some botches when it comes to Melina, Natalya is not perfect but she looks more "comfortable" in the ring.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I went with Michelle, I wish that LayCool itself was a vote. As good as Nattie is, 2010 without Michelle McCool wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining in my opinion. Because of her accomplishments this year, she gets my nod. I'm sure that next year it will be Natalya or Beth Phoenix.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
BR, Natalya had most likely worked out hundreds of times in the ring by the time L.A. photo model Melina Perez ventured her first timid step onto a mat. It's no wonder she's more at ease; she probably literally cut her teeth on the ring ropes. But they aren't so far apart now that I'd give Nattie the edge strictly on the basis of tech points. Her current entrance routine, for example, despite all her years of exposure and preparation, lacks something in originality and pop. I don't know anybody who would say that about Melina. And not to besmirch the Hart pedigree, but when Melina has a good match, the look on her face isn't "I'm a good girl! Uncle Bret's gonna be so proud of me!" I see more of an "Oh, my god, I'm really doing it" thing in her eyes. She has something to prove, driving her forward and upward. And I like to see stuff like that in my TV entertainment.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Nattie. She brought power to the Diva's division and I appreciate and acknowledge that. She gets my vote.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I just picked Natayla because she is good...I don't watch women wrestling anymore unless they are in TNA.

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
i picked mccool....she's better than layla (not as hot but thats not the point of the poll)

you could make a case for nattie but i think mccool's angle with layla was the best thing in the chicks division this year. (not sayin g much)