• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE cuts: the anti-Wrestlemania

Tucker

Lion Rampant
'Tis the season to be scared for your job, if you're a low-level WWE employee. Rumors this time around are of a dozen or more heads on the block. From my observation, cuts usually follow rumor by no more than a couple of weeks. Before the news hits, I thought I'd get some opinions on who's going to get the endeavor axe.

A lot of times when I hear there's been a cut, I'm like, "Oh, yeah, that makes sense." Most of this batch will probably fit that category. Judging by recent booking trends, though, I'm looking for at least one of the following surprises:

Mark Henry
Zach Ryder
Chris Masters
or
Drew McIntyre

This is WWE, after all. Anything can happen at any time.

Who's on your watch list?

Yankke

JTG, Trent, Melina, Reks are the only ones I'm pretty sure about. Past that, I don't know. I don't want Zack to go though, so if he gets released we riot.

viLky

ykLiv
All these people can be cut:

o-- Curt Hawkins
o-- David Hart Smith
o-- Hornswoggle
o-- Mason Ryan
o-- Michael McGillicutty
o-- Primo
o-- The Great Khali
o-- Everybody from NXT Season 2 and up (besides Alex Riley and Brodus Clay)
o-- Eve
o-- Michelle McCool
o-- Kelly Kelly
o-- Trent Beretta

I enjoy the other lower classes such as JTG, Zack Ryder, Chris Master, Tyson Kidd and Tyler Reks.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

o-- Curt Hawkins
o-- David Hart Smith
o-- Hornswoggle
o-- Mason Ryan
o-- Michael McGillicutty
o-- Primo
o-- The Great Khali
o-- Eve
o-- Michelle McCool
o-- Kelly Kelly
o-- Trent Beretta

I enjoy the other lower classes such as JTG, Zack Ryder, Chris Master, Tyson Kidd and Tyler Reks.
No offense dude, but some times your post in Wrestling make me wonder if you even follow wrestling.

First off Brodus wasn't on Season two. Second, why would they even think of cutting Michael McGillicutty or Mason Ryan? Those two guys are the future of the WWE, and Michelle McCool is one of the best diva's in the business today. I agree with some of the cuts you said, but those are pretty obvious, like Great Khali and Hornswoggle.

viLky

ykLiv
I said Season 2 and up.

Michael McGillicutty and Mason Ryan are typical meat heads. They both are lacking in-ring skills, charisma and mic ability. If they are the future of wrestling, I'll be checking out TNA more.

Michelle McCool is only as far as she is because she married The Undertaker. Layla, Natalya, Beth, Gail Kim and Melina are FAR superior to her. Not to mention McCool has an annoying voice.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I said Season 2 and up.

Michael McGillicutty and Mason Ryan are typical meat heads. They both are lacking in ring skills, charisma and mic ability. If they are the future of wrestling, I'll be checking TNA out more.

Michelle McCool is only as far as she is because she married The Undertaker. Layla, Natalya, Beth, Gail Kim and Melina are FAR superior to her. Not to mention McCool has an annoying voice.
I'm surprised at some of your assessments...

McGillicutty has great technical skill for a guy his age, and the legacy of being Curt Hennig's son. That not only gives him opportunity but also a great knowledge of the business coming in.

Mason Ryan, I'm still not so sure about his ability. So I'm not with you in that I think he might get cut, but that the jury's still out on him.

Michelle McCool was successful before she was even dating Taker.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I agree. Getting rid of her now would be like getting rid of Trish in her prime. She has done her best work with LayCool!

Zack Ryder better not be cut. He is just so much fun. He has soooo much potential. Even the big stars believe that. Just look up "Long Island Iced Z" on Youtube.

Mark Henry is probably gonna retire in the next year, he has been in the business longer than people think.

When it comes down to it, I think Melina and Tarver are definites.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'll post my thoughts on the prospect of each name and cuts...

Mark Henry
Zach Ryder
Chris Masters
or
Drew McIntyre
Henry - I could see it happening because he isn't used, but if they want someone on the lower card a veteran with a great attitude is someone good to have around. I think they'll keep him

Ryder - The kid's got a ton of potential even though he's used as a jobber...I hope that Vince will want to take advantage of his personality, or reunite him and Hawkins as a tag team. There's no way to know with him, he's really on the border.

Masters - He had a big low-card push (ironic) towards the end of 2010. He's still on the chopping block at any time, IMO. Not a huge fan personally, but he seems to be over with the fans and doing a good job. I don't think he'll get cut.

Drew - Unless there's an issue with drugs or behavior, he has like a 1% chance of losing his job. This kid is going up in the WWE, not down.

JTG, Trent, Melina, Reks are the only ones I'm pretty sure about. Past that, I don't know. I don't want Zack to go though, so if he gets released we riot.
Trent Barretta - He's really good in the ring (as those that watch Superstars know), and his high-flying is pretty awesome. I think for the latter, alone, Vince will keep him.

o-- Curt Hawkins
o-- David Hart Smith
o-- Hornswoggle
o-- Mason Ryan
o-- Michael McGillicutty
o-- Primo
o-- The Great Khali
o-- Eve
o-- Michelle McCool
o-- Kelly Kelly
o-- Trent Beretta
Hawkins - It's definitely possible with him; I think he has a really good "all around" quality about his wrestling, even if he's nowhere near the main event. I'd like to see him getting a push in the mid-card, or as I said with Zack, reforming a tag team. Since he, Ryder, and Barretta were friends and worked together in FCW, a mini-stable would really work and be a good way to utilize all three.

D.H. Smith - Tough, tough call. I could see him being cut because the WWE just doesn't know what to do with him. Sad, though.

Hornswoggle - Possible that this will finally be the year we see him gone...he doesn't contribute anything to the company IMO.

Mason Ryan - He's a big dude, he's young, and he's just starting. No chance he'll be cut.

McGillicutty - Mr. Perfect's son, good technical skill, and good intensity...again, I don't think there's a chance of him being cut.

Primo - This is a really, really tough call. It's possible that he'll be like Smith where the WWE just doesn't know how to use him. However, his cousin(?) I think it is is in FCW, so they might want him to stick around and form a tag team with him when the time comes. He's put in his work, that's for sure.

Khali - his novelty has worn off, and I do think it's possible that Vince will be ready to part ways with him. He's wrestled in Japan, and it's possible that TNA would want to take a chance with him (hope not)...I could see that release and jump happening soon.

NXT Season 2 and up - I'll just comment on Husky Harris here...he's doing an awesome job with Michael M., and I think they'll keep them as a tag team unit for a while. In fact, other than Punk he was the most prominent appearance from the New Nexus in the Royal Rumble. If he can cut weight he'll keep on trucking.

Eve - The WWE loves her, she wouldn't be a diva that would get cut unless necessary.

McCool - No chance she'd get cut. I don't know what else to say.

Kelly Kelly - The WWE seems really high on her right now, I don't see them cutting the cute fan-friendly blonde.

viLky

ykLiv
I'm surprised at some of your assessments...

McGillicutty has great technical skill for a guy his age, and the legacy of being Curt Hennig's son. That not only gives him opportunity but also a great knowledge of the business coming in.

Mason Ryan, I'm still not so sure about his ability. So I'm not with you in that I think he might get cut, but that the jury's still out on him.

I see where you're coming from and understand the reasoning, I think I just haven't been exposed to them (Mason and McGill) enough. I stick by what I said about McCool, though. I really dislike her.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I see where you're coming from and understand the reasoning, I think I just haven't been exposed to them (Mason and McGill) enough. I stick by what I said about McCool, though. I really dislike her.
Well Mason hasn't had many matches and he's still growing as a competitor, so give him some time.

And McGillicutty doesn't wrestle on TV nearly enough, but keep an eye out for when he does. If you pay close attention to his matches and his ability to tell a story through them each time, you won't be disappointed.