• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WWE Confirms New SmackDown Lead Announcer

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Never heard of him but this is the kinda thing WWE needs

Fresh faces and voices. I'm all for it...although I do like Rich Brennan

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
He got some big props from JR today online, so I'm guessing he's a higher pedigree than we're used to. I'm good with someone different. I just hope Booker is around to yell incoherently still. 2 man would be nice, I'm getting sick of 3 man announce teams.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mauro' idol is JR and he's great friends with him. Always credits him for where he's at today.

Trust me when I say this, you guys will enjoy him a lot.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
A new announcer is the last thing Smackdown needs. No offense to the guy, but Smackdown is dying fast. The booking is actually quite good but EVERYONE knows nothing important happens on Smackdown. Definitely no title changes, no serious story angles, nothing. WWE Creative needs to step it the fuck up.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It has not being taken seriously for a while now and I don't think its an accident...RAW is the only show that actually matters.

Until January...then I think that changes.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Mauro Ranallo will bring a ton of credibility to WWE for Smackdown. And the cool thing being that WWE will still allow him to call boxing on Showtime & GLORY kickboxing, that means that they recognize how great of an announcer Ranallo is. Now looking forward to who will be his color commentator. I personally hope that JBL stays away from him. I'd be perfectly fine to have Jerry Lawler still or even Corey Graves as the color commentator.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I love the hire but no way he isn't tamed. He's very passionate about the business but in no way is he happy about the direction of the product....very critical of it in his past Canadian job. Saying all this, I will tune in, and reserve my judgement.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Probably, yeah...but let's remember that once a long time ago, Joey Styles was in that same boat with ECW and he got hired. And even though we could say that Joey was tamed, I don't hear him complain of his position in Stamford right now! ;)